Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who can I.D. this heap?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choffman41, Feb 3, 2018.

1. anything left to save?

guys here can build cars around 1 lug nut

VANDENPLAS and Max Gearhead like this.
  2. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Did you buy it yet? How about now?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Put $200k into to get a $172k return ok sign me up

4. alsancle

alsancle

I agree with you. But, there are only so many projects someone has in them, and typically those are conjuring up a 32 Ford, or 41Willys from the lug nut. Not a 31 Marmon open rear quarter sedan.

5. It's not building a Marmon it's building a hot rod. Technically an engine and homemade chassis is all that's needed. A restoration and a hot rod are diffent issues

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is entering a gray area, nobody "Hotrodded" a Marmon for street use, and if you did today it would fall into the Street Rod camp of the hobby. There are more cast off bodies than you think out there, it is sad, but time and money are better spent on other projects IMO. :(Bob

7. That shell with with some cool long sweeping fenders No splash apron Very little if any running board. This will give it a European coach built feel. Large headlights and grill ,could use Packard pieces all the way up to early 50s European pieces like from a Jag or Benz. Custom built hood to cover something like a GM straight 8 A slight chop would finish the deal
    Something similar to this Jag
    image.jpg

chryslerfan55, Clay Belt and lewk like this.
  8. alsancle

alsancle

9. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I agree on the possibilities. I've got a straight eight Buick engine with dynaflow in storage. Wonder how much this seller bought the body for. Looks like a flipper wanting to make a killing. I don't see 6500 worth. Everything else on the front would have to be sourced or fabbed. Interior bits would be unobtainable or necessitate fabrication or compromise. Above all, titling would be a nightmare. Still cool though.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. It’s big and cool

I could see a rat Rodder dropping it on a dually truck frame with diesel power!!!:eek:

Would like to see it done up like an elegant coach built rod -swoopy fenders and such, lotsa cool possibilities

Someone needs to do something before a rat Rodder gets it a flucks it up

12. $6500 he can keep it. Not enough there to restore to fetch the big money, too high a price for just a body to hot rod. Odd cars often fall into this category. There is a 32 body on facebook. Coupe, roof is cut off and gone. Slathered with can after can of bondo over the years, huge holes of rust. Seller knows you are buying the year only but will have to make/buy everything, and priced as such. By the time you fix it, you could have bought a mint body.

This guy has priced a random body at auction pricing for restoration.