Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods firestone deluxe white wall stains

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rottenron36, May 18, 2018.

1. rottenron36

rottenron36
    from Corbett OR

I have 5 firestone deluxe white walls that have been stored for a while. 2 have some stains, I believe from storage, that I can't get out. I have used goof off, soft scrub, sos pads, and various brushes. Looks like there here to stay. Any help or ideas, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ron

2. Wesleys "Bleach White"

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Ditto on above with SOS pads. DSCF1813.JPG
    BEFORE
    DSCF1811.JPG

4. I use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pads on my whites.

Phil

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    DEVILS REJECT and vintage6t like this.

5. Deuces

Deuces

Wesley's..... ;)

6. 2935ford

2935ford

Had WWW but no more......way too much maintenance! :)

3340 likes this.
  7. jnaki

jnaki

Hey R,
    We have used Island Girl Products on white vinyl that had been weathered, rubbed against something, and had a ton of black streaks. (Instant wipe on and off with a clean rag.) The white vinyl looks brand new. https://www.islandgirlproducts.com/island-girl-products/index.html
    VINYL HYPALON & RUBBER ISLAND GIRL® Products maintain & restores color and suppleness. They remove & prevent yellowing . They can also remove & prevent stains while preventing growth of mildew, algae.
    upload_2018-5-18_15-44-43.png
    It is not just for sports shoes, but any kinds of rubber.

upload_2018-5-18_15-46-48.png
    But, they have some other stuff that we were going to use, So, I first emailed them for more information. They sent me the right stuff for the right application. You might want to check them out first. We have used Westley's, Mr. Clean white pads, and others. They are ok, but the process needed to be done many times over to get the right look. We still have a bag full of the Mr. Clean white pads...they are good for something down the line...

Jnaki
    A long time ago, we started with whitewalls. They were a pain to keep clean, so we turned them inside out until we needed new tires. Then it was blackwalls for the rest of the cars we have owned and used. It is your choice, of course, but Island Girl products are as good as they get. We have a couple of bottles of the Sea Glow and Silkenseal. Even my wife is willing to clean with these products, as long as she wears rubber gloves. I just use a moist smooth sponge and don't worry about my dainty hands.

Don't be put off with the cost, they last and work well. The disclaimer is always...Your Results May Vary...