Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Should I knock on the door?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jack68gts, May 15, 2018.

1. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Who’s there?

2. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

I don't think you should knock on the door if you're not sure. I think you should post up the location and let one of the guys on here buy it......that way you know that it will go to the right guy and will get built instead of sitting there rotting

HunterYJ likes this.
  3. WTF really

WTF really

Your killing me smalls your killing. Did you knock yet?

4. 55freebiepontiac.jpg I stopped one day to ask about a complete 55 Pontiac hardtop parked in a driveway one day....knocked on the door and the guy said it was his mother's old car...she had blown the motor on the way home from California and it barely limped home.
    Guy said if I brought 4 GM rims and tires so he could keep his new tires, he'd give it to me...free!
    I brought 'em and dragged the car out on the hiway. Changed 2 broken rocker arms and drove it home. Was a great car and I drove it a long time. 55freebiepontiac.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Don't forget to ask if he has any parts that go along with the car!

6. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a hoax, you know click bait.

clem, czuch, lucky ink and 1 other person like this.
  7. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The OP hasn’t been back on the HAMB since his post at 6:17 Tuesday...leaving us hang??

8. alchemy

alchemy

Hopefully he's not locked in the basement.......

clem, czuch, Clay Belt and 1 other person like this.
  9. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Hopefully that car is not.....Pain Cave bait

10. Vanness

Vanness

Let him get to the door first ;)

Let’s be honest. Who is really going to the door. It all sounds good... just like the hot chick at the bar. Everyone says they will go talk to her but then excuse excuse- Nobody talks to her....

11. Don`t be too backwards about being forward

12. alchemy

alchemy

Me! Where's the car, I'll go talk to the people?!

lucky ink, flatford39 and bowie like this.
  13. chargin03

chargin03

Maybe he is trying to get his wife to knock on the door.

14. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’d stop and knock in a heartbeat too! Just have to approach it right.

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

I would have stopped and knocked the first time that I saw it.

Rich

48fordnut likes this.
  16. Looks like 33 34 Ford coupe, better get on it.

17. BJR

BJR

I don't think a trailer has a basement. :p

ramblin dan likes this.
  18. Maybe he knocked on the door and got shot. Hence no reply from him.

Surfcityrocker and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. town sedan

town sedan

I'd knock, might be interesting to know what was put under the tarp years ago. Might be interesting to know what's left of it since it looks to be resting on the rockers, sunk up to the axles in mother earth.
    -Dave

20. Deuces

Deuces

Either you guys scared him away or he's taking it apart in his back yard and taking pictures......:rolleyes: Give him a break!!.... :)

21. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Here in the County that I live, I can go online, get a map of an area, zoom in, click on a property and find out who the owner is. Then I go onto ZabaSearch.Com and input that name/state; many times it will also list a phone number. If you belong to a people tracker site, then go that way also. You'll find out information that you can use before approaching an individual, such as relatives and employers. Another is to approach the persons neighbors to find out what you can about the vehicle/person/etc. IF everything looks safe, like you won't get shot or run off, then approach the person, or send a letter with a return posted envelope and paper with your name/address/phone number. Chances are, it has already happened many times to the guy, and he'll either laugh at you, or bust a vein in his forehead.. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    czuch likes this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

What are ya??? A Fed???....:rolleyes:;)

23. Fordors

Fordors

Or maybe a stalker! :eek:

24. I like to stop when I see someone outside. I will generally ask what is the story or I was wondering about. Sometimes I state Im just curious and nosy. Never ask how much you want fer the vehicle. Brag on their dog or garden or anything that you think they might be proud of. If they have a beard like mine I might start out with hello Whiskers how are ya doing? And have the cash to buy at that moment. There was a old 61 ford setting alongside the street between the house and the street. and have been there for a couple of years. the guy mowed his lawn regularly. And everyone told me he is a butt head and you cant buy the car. So I made a plan. I was driving a 62 ford with a 352 FE. So when I seen him mowing the grass. I stopped a few streets over and replaced my dist cap with one that was badly cracked. So I come past him with the 62 popping and misfiring. He looks up and I and pull over and open my hood. shure enough he quits mowing and comes over. I let him help me find the bad dist cap. And he takes the cap from his 61 and is proud that he fixed my problem. We converse and he tells me the auto trans is burnt up in the 61. and offers it to me for $50. I buy it and drag it home a few days later after I get roller tires on it. Used my tow Pilot Tow Bar. The 352 in the 61 had a dead cyl. Good compression. changed the plug wire and spark plug. still dead miss. Hold the plug wire near ground and no spark? finally figured it out. One lobe on the dist cam was worn down low enough that it didn't open the points. they where all worn but that one musta been softer? changed the dist and it ran great. I still have that 61 engine.

F&J likes this.
  25. Better to ask then shit your pants in anticipation!

26. putz

putz
    from wisc.

nobody has ever told you to get screwed or out of here before ? Grow a pair !!!

Old wolf likes this.
  27. Guess Jack68gts is more involved with his 68gts . What a teaser :rolleyes:.

28. WTF really

WTF really

Hello hello hello........ is their anybody in there?

29. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Disappeared after knocking on the door to ask about the car. Film at eleven.

30. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

After reading 12 pages I hoped there would be at least an update. I mean some sort of conclusion to the situation.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

slv63 and kbgreen like this.