Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tremec 3550 Mid-Shift Kit - Where to Buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeremy Jalopies, May 16, 2018.

1. Jeremy Jalopies

Jeremy Jalopies

Greetings,
    I'm planning on finishing up my floors soon and I am deciding to go with a mid-shift on my Tremec 3550 but due to the age of the trans they're not as available as they once were and Id like to get everything for the floors planned out and made now. I've done several Google searches and Hanlon Motorsports seems to be about the only company that makes them : http://cart.hanlonmotorsports.com/hms-3550-mid-shift-kit

Can anyone tell me a good place to perhaps get a used one or a company that still sells them. I feel like I've searched high and low and I'm not coming up with much.

Oh and this is for a model A coupe. Using the rear shift point would require me to cut the hat channel and will put the shifter too close to the bench seat.

I appreciate the time

2. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aren't the TKO transmissions a derivative of the 3550? Got to be worth investigating?

Chris

3. rjones35

rjones35

4. Jeremy Jalopies

Jeremy Jalopies

I actually just emailed them last night. If I dont hear back I will give them a call. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

rjones35 likes this.

5. Jeremy Jalopies

Jeremy Jalopies

TKOs are a little different from my understanding in regards to the shifters

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app