Register now to get rid of these ads!

ScOT Blower History

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blown35, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Blown35

Blown35

Anyone have a copy of an article re the Italmecanicca / S.C.o.T blowers. Previous H.A.M.B threads indicated they went bankrupt and were bought out by the employees. Not sure when this company got started in Italy - how and when they started getting imported to the US.

I'd like to know when they got started - product lines - how the US / Salt lake guys 1st connected with these units and what their success or failure was in the speed records blowing Ford flatheads on the salt.

Any fcts will be greatly appreciated - PS - I understand that Rodders Journal had an article in #29. Just ordered that back issue but curious what else may be out there.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah I'm interested in this info as well. This part is my holy grail way way more so then Ardun anything. The S.Co.T blowers were just too cool. I also am interested in Pepco blower history.

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Attached Files:

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's just greedy Ratatat. Spread the love!

5. Blown35

Blown35

In the preevious HAMB post 22 Tracker said "Shortly after WWII ended, Italmeccania of Turin Italy began producing a Roots type supercharger for various mostly small displacement European cars. Models included 500cc, 750cc, 1100cc, 1500cc, 2000cc and a 4500cc model adapted to the flathead. This firm went out of business and the blower was taken over by another firm and marketed under the name “S.C.o.T.” with distribution by Bell Auto in the USA."

Any more facts out there?:confused:

6. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Not mentioned in the previous post, but perhaps everyone knows, S.C.O.T. stood for Supercharger Company Of Turin. Or so the legend goes.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Dont have any real facts but have one on a 331 Caddy in a 40 Ford Coupe!!!

Attached Files:

8. 22 track

22 track

How does $467.50 for a kit for the flathead sound? The information I gave in the earlier thread was from a 4 page article on rebuilding the S.C.o.T., written Frank Oddo, that was in the April 1976 issue of Street Rodder. PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy of the article.

9. [email protected] Need to fix one with broken rotors. I may be able to have a shop machine out the rotors, but would like to find a source for them. wayne f henderson

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The first blower I ever actually got a good look at was a S.C.O.T. Sitting on a flathead intake for sale by some guy in Gold Bar Wa. about 1960. I can't remember what he was asking but it was a lot more than I had in my pocket at the time and I was about 13 then.

11. Anyone got any new/more info?
    Old thread that didn't get far, but I'm sure there's more on these blower's.

12. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got our Scott (italmechanica)from a kiwi buddy that was importing speedway motors and gear about 18 years ago. He gave me a call out of the blue and told me to come have a look at this old blower he thought was for a flathead , $600 and the rest is history. Ran it for many years after a rebuild with no major issues.

13. Had 2 SCOT blowers back in the seventies,first one paid $100 complete,kept pushing a thin trail of h20 past the HEADGASKETS into combustion chamber time after time,was too "stupid" to realize had to slow blower down due to too much boost.Sold blower for $1000,10 times what purchase price was. Second blower paid $800,ran 2 years,sold $1,000.Never had a lick of trouble with either unit.Todays prices are 6/8 thousand,oh well!

14. bobs36hotrod

bobs36hotrod

I have taken my S.C.O.T.. BLOWER out of storage. It is in Mint Mint Condition. It is all Complete and set up for a Small Block Chevy. I might want to sell it. It would be Expensive but if you want it all set up it is Complete and ready to go Also has A 4- Barrel Carb Adapter and a 2-2 Stromberg 97 Carb Adapter..This might be for you. 4/25/2018
    [email protected]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  15. bobs36hotrod

bobs36hotrod

OH Forgot to say if you want this S.C.O.T Blower it also can be set up for a Flat Head FORD. 4/25/18
    [email protected]

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

17. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

My buddy's new 32 we just took to the lone star round up
    Ross racing engine did the engine image.jpeg

kidcampbell71 and mgtstumpy like this.
  18. bobs36hotrod

bobs36hotrod

This is so COOL & RARE

19. 62rebel

62rebel

they've always had that "cool stuff" factor IMHO... They look like pieces of jewelry compared to big GMC blowers