Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Offenhauser question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, May 15, 2018.

1. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

I just bought a pr of Offenhauser valve covers for my Caddy motor. They are rounded on the ends. He said they were old. Is there a way top tell if they're vintage or repops? Either way was a good find. Txs

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Seeing as offy still makes stuff in the same old building with the same old molds I doubt there’s anyway to tell if they are newer or older

3. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Makes sense. Didn't know if there would any way to tell. I should have them in a few days

4. mountainman2

mountainman2

And with this being said, what difference would it really make when they were made??? o_O

5. If there is a tell tale difference, depending on the car being built, A LOT.

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I would imagine the only difference would be something like a mold repair being obvious after X date. Like you see in the corvette finned valve covers.

7. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

My 409 Offy rockers didn't have any sort of date on (inside) the pad. Making them fit old and new..!

Mike