Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen Car Trailer Parking Options ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tin Lizzie, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

Our group is renting a condo in Wildwood, New Jersey with one parking spot and a friend is bringing out his 34 Ford Coupe. Would anyone know a good and hopefully reasonably priced place to park the truck and trailer ? Thanks !!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I would like to know also.

3. Wildwood where?

4. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

Thanks guys I was in a hurry and wasn't thinking. I changed the title to clear things up. Were going to The Race of Gentlemen in Wildwood, New Jersey. I really appreciate the help.

5. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

6. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

If there is a WalMart or similar store with a large parking lot, ask management if it is OK to park there. I play on a senior softball team and one of the guys brings his RV. He will stay in the parking lot overnight, leave the next day to go to the ball park, return the next night, etc.. I would try to park where camera coverage will include your truck and trailer. My $.02.

7. Kenny P

Kenny P

I'd like that info too.
    Thank You

8. Kenny P

Kenny P

Bump..
    Somebodys been there and parked a trailer.
    I thought there was a specific spot where everyone was recommended to put their trucks and trailers?

9. The TROG guys may have a plan in this regard. But here's what I know. The first 3 or 4 blocks from the beach all the street spots are parking metered. $$$ (you don't have enough quarters) After that it's regular street parking. There are parking lots you could probably swing a deal with but it won't be cheap. I'd call the hotel first and ask them if they had any thoughts on the matter.

10. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

Thank you so much pat59 for the information. Were staying at a condo and it looks like we only get one parking spot there.

11. Kenny P

Kenny P

One more bump.
    Anyone have info on truck and trailer parking?
    Thanks

12. Must be secret. I wonder about the convention center parking lot.

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

Avoid the commercial parking lots - they charged us 25 bucks from 2pm to6pm, then another 25 bucks till 10 when they close- 1 minute after 6 and bingo, $25. ( NO sense of humor either, it's all about the dinero).
    I've been there the last three years and have never seen trailer parking actually set up by the Oilers, maybe this year will be different. ( it should) The Walmart lot is open to members of the "Good Sam" club for campers, but they might cut you some slack.
    It was much better when it was in October- pretty much everyone had gone, and we left trailers in the lot at the beach, or even in the road outside the hotel.
    There is a lot a block over from the "car corral" ( were the race cars can park at night) that a few people parked in last year and nothing happened.
    It all changes each year- 3 years ago in the fall the cops kind of turned a blind eye and everyone was blasting around on bikes and cars till around midnight( no lights, no exhaust). Last 2 years they were getting a little less friendly. Its all different in June when the place is packed; they gotta do their job.
    Good luck to you guys going- it's pretty freakin' amazing!
    Have fun and be safe. DSCN2405.JPG

wheeldog57 likes this.
  14. This won't help you having the condo, but I'll add what my wife and I are doing again.

We booked a campsite 20 mins outside wildwood. Huge sites that will take our RV and trailer on site.
    We get a nice 20 min ride in the hotrod to partake in the fun back and forth. Price is reasonable.

Sorry it's no help. But just a thought for anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

mike bowling likes this.
  15. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

There was a spot behind a motel last year, I snuck mine in there on the grass. I said a little prayer.
    Trailer parking is definitely an issue down close to the beach. I got lucky BUT I also showed up on Thursday.

Sent from my E6810 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mike bowling likes this.
  16. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was going to say the same thing as shawnsauto1 but he beat me to it. The campground we stayed at had room for our 34 foot trailer and F350 and the price was pretty reasonable on a per night basis. Saw a lot of big motorhomes in there too. Also some other rodders camping out there. Easy ride down to the beach and all the action too. The other thing is if there is a Cracker-barrel around many will let RVs and camping trailers park overnight. You might be able to park your rig there. I stay at em when traveling back and forth to a campground. Might want to sort of let them think you will be staying with it overnight.