Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Studebaker edmund intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pro tc, May 14, 2018.

1. pro tc

pro tc
    from Dubuque Ia

Picked up this manifold over the weekend. Just wondering why the end runners are not drilled for the bolts. I was told it is a early 232 Screenshot_2018-05-11-16-04-20.png

2. pro tc

pro tc
    from Dubuque Ia

3. There is a bar that goes across the flat spots and the bolts go through the bar. I used a piece of 1/4" steel to make solid ones because I didn't have the stamped pieces.

I think these are early 232ci and 259ci. later intakes for the 289ci have bolt holes built in.
    similar to the 2 bolt Vs 4 bolt valve covers.

4. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

flt-blk has it right. I am at work right now so I can't post a pic of what he is referring to. You can see on the pad above the heat crossover, there are marks from the clamp being torqued. I will post a pic later when I get home and can access my pictures.

5. I found a couple pictures on my computer STU-V on the left and Weiand on the right This was a mock-up so don't pay attention to the guide pins instead of bolts
    STU-V.jpg

STU-V2.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    302GMC likes this.
  6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

You can run it either way.
    The big bar.
    Drill the end flange, and run all the fasteners.

Mike

7. pro tc

pro tc
    from Dubuque Ia

Thanks guys

8. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

I do believe that most, if not all, of those aftermarket manifolds made through the 60's n 70's, were all sized for the 232 ports. They'll work on the larger Stude mills, but you will lose some top-end flow. 'Course, you'll have nice velocity on the low->mid range. & just how often or long, do you run at 6-.7k anyways... :D . Oh, & you can only grind out so much as there isn't that much extra material to work with. Saw one a couple of years ago that had the "too much grinding" refilled/replaced w/epoxy. Manifold still went for a pretty penny.
    Marcus...

9. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

Here's a pic of the stock set up.
    P1010669.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.