Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Southeast Gassers Season Opener photos...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Another vote for jims post. Well said.

2. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Your exactly right, the SEGA is not 100% era correct. I won't get into a lot of details but The SEGA is the only Gasser group that runs weight to cubic inch, only one of two groups that race first to the finish line wins elimination style, THE ONLY GROUP IN THE COUNTRY THAT REQUIRES THE GASSERS TO RUN GAS, imagine that, gassers having to run gas.
    The different cars you see like the 58 chevy runs in the 10 lbs class with a 355 cubic inch engine (3,550 lbs) The Morris Miner runs the 6 lbs per cubic inch class. The Volkswagen runs H/G just like the VW did in the mid 60's.
    Again I say we are not perfect but I challenge anyone that has an established gasser class to show their rules that are more correct.
    The SEGA is also a stand alone race, not a tag along to some bigger show so the fans y'all see in the pics are there just to see the Southeast Gassers.
    Check us out in person you'll see the difference.

3. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Great pics as always Tom, Hope to see you at our Piedmont NC race May 26th.

loudbang likes this.
  4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Nothing like the SEG!!!
    Say'n hey from the WEST COAST:D

5. spanners

spanners

I say racing is racing. Just go and enjoy the noise, the spectacle and the smell. If the back up crew aren't wearing what they did in the sixties so be it. I bet I don't wear what I did back then. If the haters were there I hope they were wearing the white overalls that you see in early photos. Gotta' keep it period correct.:D

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Dog_Patch, Floater03 and loudbang like this.
  6. Quain, I'm an aussie and I love Shadyside! Just a funky lil' old- time strip. Love the way the cars perform on it, dancin' all about..

The chicks are cool backin' up. I'm a man y'know, dig the vines..

SEG is just bitchin' ( at least halfway 'round the world, on Youtube, it is ). Thanks SEG.

110812FAS5W'32.jpg

Stogy, Quain Stott, delray57 and 5 others like this.
  7. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

I belive recreating the past in detail is not possible. I have not been at a SEG event, but juging by videos and pictures, they put on a great show, both for their teams and spectators. Hope to go one event one day :)

K.B-S

Floater03, Stogy, caseyajones and 4 others like this.
  8. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

We would sure love to have you make one of our events. We had many groups from other countries make the trip last year. Your right no way to be 100% era correct and have anyone in the bleachers watching.

Stogy, fenderless and loudbang like this.
  9. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Shady Side is a cool little place and we draw a good fan base there. As for the cars dancing around the SEGA cars do that everywhere we go. The old school suspension rule then add the clutch on every gear change and they have no choice.
    Thanks for your support, you'll make it to one someday.

caseyajones and loudbang like this.
  10. caseyajones

caseyajones

All I know is I'm extremely jealous for what Quain and all the racers have built with the Southeast Gassers Association. I try to support my local drag strip as much as I possibly can, but what I really long to see is heads up, nostalgic style drag racing like you see so well displayed by SEGA. If we had something that was just a fraction of what SEGA has become I'd be extremely overjoyed, but we don't. SEGA didn't just happen, Quain got a vision for it and then got to work. He deserves a LOT more credit than he's willing to accept for what it has become. I wish Quain and the SEGA continued success and growth and I will continue to dream and hope that eventually it will come to the Pacific Northwest. I've even started to build a car for it when it does.. #makedragracinggreatagain

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  11. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Thanks so much, we did take the road least traveled and there have been times when I have wondered if I lost my mind, then I see a post like yours and realize that there are a few people like you that does notice the difference. Thanks for making my day.

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Captures @seadog...you can damn near taste it...

loudbang and Quain Stott like this.
  13. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for all the pics, and what a Great effort. This from someone who was there in the day.

loudbang likes this.