Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Determine Source of Body From MSO?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LM14, May 10, 2018.

1. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Anyone know of a way to back track an MSO to determine the source of a '32 5 window glass body and frame kit? It's a Graffiti style frame (not '32 rails) and a 3" chopped body. Came as a kit. Doors are still in 2 pieces as is the trunk. Nothing hinged or braced. PO thought it came from Arizona but didn't know any history before that.

CR325W0XXXXX

Who/what could CR be?
    325W is pretty self explanatory
    0XXXXX is the numbers after the prefix.

Thoughts? Think is a fairly old body (10 years or so?) that's just been passed around.

Frame is 2x3 type with short front horns. Bobbed in the back with a flat model A style rear section with about a 3" kickup. Rear section goes out behind the rearend in a 3 step shape (sorry, no pics of the rear frame section yet) that steps out around the back of the centersection for clearance done in 2x3 rectangular laid on it's side. Opposite of the main frame rails. Small round plates welded on the outside on each side to give a place for a coil spring to sit. No other suspension mounts on either side.

It kind of fell in my lap yesterday. Low/mid quality body. Owner is still looking for the MSO, doesn't know where he put it. Recently moved and thinks it might be in a box somewhere.....nice.

Few pics below.

Thanks for looking and helping to solve this little puzzle.

SPark

trade18.jpg trade6.jpg trade3.jpg trade4.jpg trade5.jpg trade11.jpg trade8.jpg trade14.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I hope this doesn't mean you are going to cancel the body you ordered from New Age.

LM14 likes this.
  3. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Absolutely not! Ironically , Ed called yesterday while we were in the process of picking this one up! Mine is almost done. Just sorted out a few last minute questions he had. Already scheduled to pick it up on the 25th. Looking at this body just reinforces what a nice piece Ed and Chris make.

Here is a pic of what the rear crossmember resembles. That's all on one horizontal plane.

SPark

Trade19.jpg

4. jammer

jammer

CR maybe Countyline Rods , I think in SC ? Check there website or on Evilbay

LM14 likes this.

5. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

That's the only one I've come across in my searches that was anywhere close to making sense. Going to give them a call.
    SPark

6. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Found it!
    Corbin Rods out of Validosta, GA. They just went out of business. Selling off their final inventory.
    SPark

7. alchemy

alchemy

So what kind of hoops do you need to jump through with the Iowa DOT to get a title now? Does that MSO get you a title?

8. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

No. I’m currently going thru the process with my other 32 5 window and not real involved in this second one.

My other one is a Pete and Jakes chassis and a New Age Motorsports body (both with MSO and numbers). I have to have it running and driving before anything else happens. Then it’s a review of receipts over $300. Pay taxes on anything over $300 I haven’t already paid taxes on. After that audit it’s the inspection of the car as outlined in Iowa Vehicle Code for Specialy Constructed Vehicle. MSO only shows where the body and/or chassis comes from and shortens up the process a bit.

This one I turned over to a friend’s shop to assemble and turn into a roller. Didn’t even bring it home. He has the right to do what he wants and we set a drop dead date he has to pay me my interest in it or return it to me. He gets any profit above that number and he buys any parts that I didn’t supply and he provides all the labor. It’s his to flip. He just pays me for the basics I provided.

SPark

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool beans on finding the original maker. It looks like you have all your quackers in a neat row when it comes to getting a title to anything you put together too. The old "documentation, documentation and more Documentation thing. Some don't seem to grasp that concept.