Register now to get rid of these ads!

A New Restoration Project - 1938 Texaco Tanker Truck

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Texaco Tanker Project, May 1, 2018.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! What a great project! Were these designed for airport use or local station deliveries? Bob

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Texaco commissioned these in the thirties for gas station deliveries.

3. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Do a search for diamond t rubber. Tom warren father and son, in Amarillo Texas. Loaded with diamond t trucks & parts. Great people to deal with. My diamond t had a wide axel option. But I didn’t know , so I mentioned added on sheet metal to fenders and running boards, Tom explained it was do to “wide axel option “ . Again (Diamond T Rubber) I don’t know how to post link. I stopped to visit acres ,several buildings, loaded/packed with trucks & parts.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

here ya go
    https://www.diamondtrubber.com/

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. That could be the coolest pop-top camper ever.... :D:D

raven likes this.
  6. This will be really helpful, thank you.

7. Wow! It's really cool that you found one of those! I ALWAYS drool over the old photos of them!

Sent from my SM-G955F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Thanks. They are great looking trucks.

10. Progress is being made on the restoration of the '38 Diamond T. The tanker has been removed from the chassis and placed on a purpose built rotisserie. All the emergency valves and related petroleum equipment have been removed, and the tank body has just been sandblasted.
    We are writing weekly updates at www.texacotankerproject.com if anyone would like to read about the progress in more detail. IMG_1666.JPG IMG_1656.jpeg

11. That’s a sexy truck

12. clem

clem

C2B4152D-5912-4DE4-8AD4-9FAA55FBE923.jpeg Cool project.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Some inspiration.......
    Richardson- Invercargil.
    (If you don’t want this pic on your thread, let me know and I will delete it).

Deuces, kidcampbell71, DBruce and 5 others like this.
  13. Bill's Dodge Airflow is always great for inspiration. A beautiful restoration. Thanks for posting.

14. Big Plan Dan

Big Plan Dan

Wow. This is one of the most amazing car or truck bodies I have ever seen. I especially like the cab area. But everything is just extremely cool. It seems as though this project has fallen into the right hands. Good luck with this project. It is a joy to look at even in its current form.

15. Thanks so much!

16. Attached Files:

17. 1940 Diamond T COE Art Deco Streamline Tanker

I was a LTL Truck Diver for Roadway Express till 2012. Due to a CVA Stroke. There was a 1940 Diamond T COE Gasoline Tanker Art Deco Streamliner Located in Moritary, N.M. It is about 20-25 acres, backing up on I-40. There’s a Big Metal Building, & High Chained Link Fence. They can be seen from the Interstate HWY. As you travel West on I-40, take the 1 ST. Exit to the South over a Bridge of I-40., as you go thur Town from the East, There’s a Old Truck Stop across the main East Road into the Town. The owner is older gentleman, be on your best manners & behavior , he knows what he’s got & the Value of his 300 Vintage Plus Cars, Pickup’s, Big Commercial Trucks, etc... I’d call the Chamber of Commerce to get latest Status of Business Hours & Days Open. If it’s changed Ownership? They were For Sale. Google maps-Satellite. It’s been 6 Years, since I’ve seen them. Note; Don’t try an attempt to Steal Parts! As, someone tried! Good Hunting! P.S. I’m thinking that this COE had Suicide Doors?? I’ve got a 1940 Ford COE Grain Truck W/PTO Grand Bed, & 1956 Ford C500 COE Air Force Dispatch Aluminum Van Body. Used on SAC Base to dispatch B-52 Air-Crew. Not For Sale. Best Regards Respectfully
    BigDTexasKid

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  18. Thanks for posting this. That would be an interesting tanker to see. I haven't seen a COE with the streamlined tank body. Your air force COE sounds like a very special truck. Thanks.

19. If you're interested there's a tanker in the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation in Dearborn. The truck really stood out.

IMG_8564.jpg IMG_8565.jpg

20. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome project. Am subscribed.
    Is this the tanker that Duane got from the east coast. Remember seeing one in his yard. Think the wheels were frozen and he dragged it off the transporter by tying it to a tree. HE was more worried about scuffing his yard up and damaging his tree.
    You will know what offer Bill Richardson had for his tanker and he turned it down.!!

21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

22. Thanks for posting these. It's a beautiful restoration.

23. It sure is the same tanker. We heard the tale of the tree.........Duane is very innovative!

Kiwi 4d likes this.
  24. Some before and after update photos on the tanker restoration. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

25. clem

clem

Awesome progress !
    Thanks for posting, keep updating please.
    Bttt.

26. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

More updates! Especially with details and photos of your patching and metal work.

27. WOW!!! Impressive work there!

28. now that is not an everyday project .... enjoy seeing the progress and keep those update(s) coming