Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FOUND! Over the Top 1960's built T Bucket Show Car "MINT JULEP" FAB T Roadster Information

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODDRIVEIN.COM, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Love the car. The only thing I would change would be to take about 4 spring from the rear end. God that's got to be stiff.:rolleyes:

seb fontana and loudbang like this.
  2. TBUCKET_SHOWCAR_ISCA_mODELT_SHOWCAR_MAGNESIUM_WHEELS_torque_thrust_022.jpg TBUCKET_SHOWCAR_ISCA_mODELT_SHOWCAR_MAGNESIUM_WHEELS_torque_thrust_824.jpg Surprisingly the rubber is soft and no dry rot what so ever.. 16x 10 rear magnesium torque thrust/ 15x4 spindle mount up front..
    any tips or techniques on polishing magnesium..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Love them with
    Patina but that car needs to stand tall. I agree that whole thing can easily be back to
    It’s original condition
    So no tips but I’m sure you will get a good answer. If not. Make a separate post on just this.
    Those pipes are formed perfectly.

mad mikey and Stogy like this.
  4. scoped the motor, primed the pump, Pulled the carb cleaned thoroughly, placed back on the original 65 327 with the Cragar 471 blower and the M22 Rock Crusher 4-speed. she was purring quite nicely for sleeping so long...

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

On polishing magnesium: Recruit a young female, tell her all the wonders of a car show! Get her to do the second polish of the set, after you go thru the first drill.
    When they are all nice and shiny, promise her the trip, admission paid. She ought to be good for ONE TRIP! (be sure to use Mother's)

don colaps, Movinman, belair and 2 others like this.
  6. wheels are perfect. amazing patina. would not polish them.

JimSibley likes this.
  7. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Check out RacerX’s thread, rebuilding after the crash. He has a couple sets of mag wheels polished.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  8. Anyone ever see these before??

These are the freeze plugs, they look like they were custom made.. but not sure... background is the Eelco oil pan from 65

FAb_T_TBUCKET_SHOWCAR_ISCA_SHOWCAR_CRAGAR_BLOWER_MAGNESIUM_WHEELS_031.jpg

Front freeze plug heat sync, with good picture of the 4 belt 471 Cragar blower setup with the chrome clutch fan on the crank pulley.. cool motor mounts FAb_T_TBUCKET_SHOWCAR_ISCA_SHOWCAR_CRAGAR_BLOWER_MAGNESIUM_WHEELS_43.jpg

9. 28fordor

28fordor

Pretty cool man

loudbang likes this.
  10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Loving this so much, right now I am in the middle of a late sixties C-cab Hot Rod

11. brad2v

brad2v

I missed this thread on it. Love this car, I assume this is where you will post it's progress.

12. Cant believe Ive missed this thread. I was pretty shocked when I was told that the car had been sold. Glad to see that its going to get some love after 40yrs.

13. AHotRod

AHotRod

Any more updates?

14. Awesome you know the car!!! every time i walk in the garage and see it there, it surprises you, and puts a smile on your face... It does have a down side, if im trying to sell something, its over when they see the T.. still havin a time with the original builder/ owners before the Arringtons...

15. 1934coupe

1934coupe

That certainly looks like a highly modified Willys front axle along with the spindles.

Pat

It certainly helps to look over and read each post. It is a Willys axle and spindles, also the writer of that article is Alan Root. He was the magazine guy that did an article on my 36 Willys pick up truck around 72 and then bought the truck from me.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  16. Jeff Pandora

Jeff Pandora
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mojave

Groovy .. would not change a thing brings me back to my childhood looking at my dad car mag Good memories great times

17. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Such attention to detail for a show car, I love it.

mad mikey likes this.
  18. Gave the MINT JULEP some love this weekend.. Built in 1965 with a bendex aviation style fuel pump.. Original pump rebuilt, and ready to re install.. IMG_20190722_103033_324.jpg

19. Took some shots of a Tulsa teak clock Trophy / Award the Julep took in 1970 Tulsa AUTO SPEED & SPORT SHOW ROD OR COMPETITION 1970

mint_julep_tbucket_showrod_Tulsa_speed_sport_show_1970_showrod_showcar.jpg