Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects TOTAL Number of HAMB Build Projects

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, May 17, 2017.

1. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Sold my last running driving ‘55 Chevy in 1998.
    Been planning the next one since.
    Soon as I buy a car the build will start!

55 chev straight axle likes this.
  2. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have one I bought back in 1976. 1946 Standard (British car, looks like an Anglia). My '53 Chevy pickup has been off the road in the back of the shop for about twenty years. Other projects keep getting put ahead of them. When I retire in a couple years maybe I'll get caught up.

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have my 27 T Tudor , 1964 240 cube with 300 crank 300 heads , cam engine machined and new rebuilt , machine work on heads Offy aluminum intake 4 barrel but thinking of running two two barrels, rebuilt C4 , Ford rebuilt niner in the back. Need windows , interior and new wiring harness to install. Honey do list always seems to take precedence :oops::D

4. Duellym

Duellym

my 47 pickup is going slow as shit, lacking in the budget department. just wired up the garage to support the new tig welder though so maybe i'll get somewhere this summer

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Since the roadster still needs the top, it's a project, right? The wagons quarter panel repair and skirts are ready for paint. As soon as that's done the T'bird and the Riviera are patiently waiting. IMG_1446.JPG IMG_4308.JPG IMG_4341.JPG

55 chev straight axle and Baron like this.
  6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a long time project. A good friend and myself started on this in the late 90's. It is an on again off again kind of project and currently it is an off again. I hope I live long enough to see it on the road. The grill opening was made from two 1966 GTO rear quarters wheel openings....................The mud was at least 2 inches thick in places
    1998 when we first started
    [​IMG]

2011 pictures...............other than changing garages, this was the last work done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  7. numskal

numskal

I just bought a Hillman Husky need your expertise on a rear end swap thanks [email protected]

8. in the weeds

in the weeds
    from Kansas

I do paint jobs and restorations as a hobby. Guess what i created my self another full time job nights and weekends and still don't get to work on my own stuff and its funny how all the extra money somehow dissapears into car repairs kids,ETC,ETC . I'm not complaining just saying its never what it seems or how you thought it would work out

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Mmmmm...This one has the earmarks of a SIMCA ARRONDE!

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

My current build (A Coupe) sat with a pile of junk on it for a decade... nobody was annoyed but me.

11. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

I think I used some of that "junk", and the rest of my Sportster's parts were someone else's junk...
    '30 Sportster,
    '31 grill, no marker Guides, '32 V8 bar, stock hood, '32 cowl top/vent, narrowed W/S posts, A pillars and A+B door jams, hammerformed door tops [arm rests], 5" shortened cockpit, 5" lengthened tulip, bobbed lower panel to clear the '32 tank, narrowed '48 truck dash, and Poncho tail lights...
    DSCN4887.JPG

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  12. cederholm

cederholm

I'm in the slow camp, but I spend at least SOME time on my 1930 A project every week. Often small project that aren't exciting enough to post. That said, I enjoy my time in the shop so the journey is as important as the destination for me.

~ Carl

13. Bob, that makes me nervous just talking about it!o_O

14. Piles of parts. Some here. Some in 117Harv's hands.

My one day build.

15. Bob, people that have a problem with slow builds could take it upon themselves to donate money & offer to help with to the project, generally these two things contribute greatly in completing a hot rod or custom.

The '54 Ranch Wagon took me almost 7 years, during that build my father passed away and my hours at the business got much longer and time off became none existent, Selling the business several years later freed up my time but farming out the paint work was a lesson in futility, the painter liked to drink and sleep a lot more than work and that compensated for 2 long years of the car sitting, and of course thge extra funds the car was taking.

I could write a book about false starts, looking for parts and trying to rob Peter to pay Paul for said parts.
    We have been driving the wagon for the past 7 years and that time has flown.

In retrospect, the '32 pickup bust built in 3 short months but I was unemployed, I had the truck and the sale of another car financed the build, I worked everyday of the week and built it the way I wanted without cutting corners.

To be honest I don't recall anyone getting their nose out of shape because it took so long to build the wagon but I do remember guys asking me how I got the truck on the road so fast, I just told them that I worked on it everyday and didn't daydream about it. HRP

16. goldmountain

goldmountain

17. Stooge

Stooge

my last personal car project took a little over 6yrs I think, but im hoping to have this one shiny and driving, but without an interior in closer to 3 and im a little over a yr and a half into it so it could be wishful thinking :oops:

20191026_105015.jpg

18. topher5150

topher5150

This is my slow build, although I did make some pretty good progress this year. I bought the donor sedan in the foreground, and got the front and rear axle on, and picked up an engine. Life's been pretty shitty the past couple of years, and not having a proper work space living in Michigan means my progress is pretty slow.
    Hoping and wishing that in the not to distant future I can get a couple of fellas who know what they're doing to help swap out the floors.
    47.jpeg

19. Gotta work on everybody else's stuff to make the money to work on my junk. And when you get the money, you gotta find the parts and wait on them. 11 customer cars in here at the moment, so my stuff sits outside. At least i don't lock anybody's car up in body shop prison like HRP was talking about lol. Seems like I'm the one that gets those jobs when the owners get tired of waiting on the other guy

20. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

8 years and counting. An off topic drag car takes up most of my time and money. IMG_0826.jpg

21. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

received_559825278108348.jpeg Since this thread started I pretty much can cross one off the list, my 61 Unibody SB. Just to put another 61 Unibody LB on the list for my son. But that is an original paint truck that he wants to stay that way. Maybe that one wont take long.

22. kweb1936

kweb1936
    from salem il.

Very nice. Here's my little driver [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!

55 chev straight axle and Stogy like this.
  24. mkebaird

mkebaird

My avatar seems to be a life long project. Started in 1993 with this:
    Untitled_Page_1.jpg

Took 9 years to get this far:
    FrontOutFront.jpg

Been doing small upgrades (seats, hyd. clutch, fan/shroud, custom hard top, etc) for the last 17 years, planning to add rear disk brakes soon. That's my style, get it running, enjoy driving, and 'finish' at your leisure.

25. trikejunkie

trikejunkie
    from Scotland

I currently have 1930 Model A,1950 International Harvester pickup(running but due a diesel conversion) a 1948 Indian Chief , a 1974 FL Harley,a 1973 FLH Harley and my salt flats bike(which is a constant project until I break the record)So I only have 6 projects unless you count my 3 bedroomed house I an building ( i currently live in a caravan)

55 chev straight axle and Stogy like this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Hambers, No Procrastination flak from Ole Stogy here...I enjoy getting Grey Hair with you all...or is that No Hair...:eek:

Anyhow Hamber @Paul has a Great Thread on Builds Here at the link below that is Always at the Top and all you have to do is send (PM) him a Link to your Build and he will put it in the Thread...I don't think there are any stipulations of ETA's of completion...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/build-thread-index.651453/

NOTE: this thread is always on top in The Hokey Ass Message Board Forum ONLY

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  27. RocktimusPryme

RocktimusPryme

Mine move slowly sometimes because I have too many. So Ill get hot and bothered about one, and ignore the others for months. Rinse and repeat as I see something shiny and get excited about one car or another.

28. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Most things in my life are on a timeline, my hobby won’t be one of them. I’d like to finish my coupe before my son graduates highschool, and paint my truck before I retire. But if not, who cares? In the meantime I‘m enjoying the process.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. I've had my '47 Ford for almost 2 years and can't get past the design stage, but something will happen soon I hope. BigO

30. LOL, been working on my 36 since 1988. It’s been benched since I bought the Original Paint Coupe in 2016.. so close, yet so far away.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.