Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Stray Kat 500 May 4-6, 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Mar 15, 2018.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

event poster.jpg

The past few months we have been very busy with emails and phone calls concerning registration for this years Stray Kat 500. The last three years we've had around or over 600 vehicles attend our show. We have vehicles coming in from all over the USA and one kool Kustom from Australia. If you need to register for the show, you can click the following link http://www.straykatkustoms.com/kat-shows

If you choose not to register on line you can print the flyer and mail it to:
    Stray Kat 500
    P.O. Box 434,
    Dewey, Ok 74029.

What's the Stray Kat 500? It is just the koolest show in Dewey, Ok.
    Check out the link below for a Kool review of the show.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-2016-stray-kat-500.1018788/

Stay tune for the detailed schedule, I'll keep ya updated...

One of our club mottos, If you have "LOW" expectations, then this is your show.

Happy Trails,

Mick

2. Counting the days....

straykatkustoms and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  3. hudson48

hudson48

Mick
    So doing it online takes you to PayPal and they just debit your card. No actual entry form. Anyway you have the payment now.

straykatkustoms likes this.
  4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We pull the info from your PayPal transaction and you will just need to sign in when you get to town. Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing ya. Praying for Happy Trails.

5. Safe travels! I can't wait to check out your beautiful Hudson!

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have an update...... We will have our first Stray Kat 500 "Grand Marshall".

We are very Honored to announce that Jim (aka Jimbo) McDonald will be the guy responsible for all of the duties of a Grand Marshall. He will have a limited number of T-Shirts available to remember this huge event.

29339759_2066832270011509_1505621152347717632_n.jpg

Stay tune we will have more updates later......

gonmad, Bowtie Coupe and Sancho like this.
  7. gonmad, straykatkustoms and bchrismer like this.
  8. Looking forward to it.

9. First time,- can't wait. The roadster is ready go.

10. gonmad

gonmad

There’s a possibility I might be able to make it...! LoL!

bchrismer and Sancho like this.
  11. Translation: I will try not to break The Nomad before then.

gonmad and Sancho like this.
  12. hudson48

hudson48

So today my friend here in Brisbane bailed out of the trip. I have a few other irons in the fire for someone to accompany me but otherwise it might be me solo. The car is on the ship now so no backing out. Would like to have someone riding shotgun so I don't forget which side of the road to drive on.
    Anyone interested in a two week road trip from LA to Dewey onto St Louis and then Detroit. Includes an invitation to see Kurt McCormick's collection in Imperial MO.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    gonmad and bchrismer like this.
  13. gonmad

gonmad

Heck yeah I’m interested however life will not allow me to right now! :(

14. hudson48

hudson48

So major changes here. The shipping company had scheduled the container to arrive in NZ from Brisbane. That ship then went onto China. Another ship comes in from Melbourne and USA bound stuff is unloaded from the first ship onto this one. All good so far!! However the shipping company failed to get it loaded onto the ship due on the same day that was going to land in Long Beach on 4/21. I was doing the tracking and on last Thursday afternoon I noticed a change that said it was now arriving on 4/28. WTF!! To compound this misery we had an extended long weekend with Easter break so NO contact with anyone. I am still not sure if the shippers would have found this if I had not been diligently checking the progress of the container. So this could have been really bad.

We have been working frantically to get things organised. I also discovered that the ship stops in Oakland 3 days before Long Beach so now the plan is that it will be unloaded there and unpacked and inspected by Customs if necessary. Hopefully that can be done quickly and efficiently and I might have the car later on Monday 4/30 or early Tuesday 5/1. Usually customs are bit easier in Oakland than Long Beach or so they say.

So I arrive in Oakland(luckily I hadn't booked any flights) on Sunday 29th ready for action on Monday 30th.
    Then it looks like it will be a full on drive mainly on the interstates,down I-5,across to 395 at Bakersfield and then across to I-40. If I can get a few hours in on Monday that would be great and then I can get to Stray Kat 500 hopefully late Thursday if the gods are with me. From there normal scheduling will resume.

Now since my travelling companion dropped out(I will try once more tonight) I would love to find someone who wants to come from Oakland area or somewhere along the route I will be taking to attend the SK500. I am paying all fuel and accommodation but it is a share room basis( 2 beds so you are safe).

15. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

You have luck just like mine! Sure hope it changes for you. See you in Dewey!

16. gonmad

gonmad

Ok, who’s all coming/going to visit Fabulous Dewey Oklahoma for the Stray Kat 500 next month?? :cool:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

We'll be there Thursday! Wouldn't miss it, Great people, Fantastic event!!

chryslerfan55, gonmad and Sancho like this.
  18. John Wayne Customs

John Wayne Customs

I’ll be there for sure on Saturday!

chryslerfan55 and gonmad like this.
  19. See you there.

chryslerfan55 and gonmad like this.
  20. Back up.
    This coming weekend...... Be there or be square!

21. Be there Friday noonish.

22. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

23. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'll be there as wells my brother WZJUNK.

24. Headed north on Wed. morning. More of our group headed up on Thurs. and a few more on Fri. morning.

25. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Car's all loaded, gased, oiled, aired, Rainxed, we'll be leaving at 6:30AM. Sounds like we'll be in stormy weather all the way through Kansas. I can handle rain and wind, don't need any hail!! If all goes right we'll be in Bartlesville tomorrow nite, if we have to wait out a Tornado, ----- See ya Thursday, as Mick would say, " Happy Trails" Wishing everybody a safe trip!

26. atch

atch

You all have more fun than is legal. I'm sad that I won't be there, but Clarence is still torn apart. I'm shooting for next year, though.

27. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

See you there on Saturday!

bchrismer and straykatkustoms like this.
  28. hudson48

hudson48

In Shamrock tonight(Wednesday) and should be in Bartlesville tomorrow around midday. Car going fine again after a couple of hassles.

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very kool! Look forward to seeing ya guys.
    Praying for Happy Trails!

chryslerfan55 likes this.