Register now to get rid of these ads!

Streamlined beauty from the thirties

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Texaco Tanker Project, May 1, 2018.

1. We are restoring a 1938 Diamond T Texaco tanker truck in New Zealand and have started a blog with detailed photos at www.texacotankerproject.com. There is a huge amount of history in this tanker with Texaco, Diamond T, Heil Co and Emco Wheaton all being contributors to the production of this rare truck.
    Texaco-BarnBW.jpg

We are hoping that there may be family members of Texaco drivers or Heil employees who saw these streamlined tankers as children while the fleet was still in service in the forties and fifties. The first detail of the restoration that we can't find information on is the lining across the trunk floor. There are small remnants of wood in the trunk and some upright extended bolts which we think may have secured wooden slats on top of the floor. Can anyone help with this please?
    ReTrunk.jpg

2. kursplat

kursplat

this should be amazing when done. good luck

3. Talk with the people at Bill Richardson truck museum in Invercargill , Bills tanker is a stunner. 13748651655_068d8ab2b1_b.jpg

das858, Speed~On, williebill and 3 others like this.

4. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

That looks fantastic, I'm a big fan of old trucks, this will be a great project...

Sent from my SM-G920I using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Thanks. We have seen the Dodge Airflow in Invercargill - it sure is a beautiful tanker. There is a little bit of information on the Airflows but hardly any reference to the Diamond T streamlined tankers that were also commissioned by Texaco. It just makes the research a little harder...

Dusty-NZ likes this.
  6. Thanks, we're really looking forward to it.