Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rod and Custom 29 Highboy project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flathead47, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

Looking for a scanned copy of the 1st report in the June 1968 Rod and Custom magazine.
    I have the other 11 magazines with the reports in them , just missing the first report.
    Also , was there a wrap up article/report after the project report 12 ( March 1971 ) , if so what Month/year was it in.
    Thanks

2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The whole build is covered in Hot Rod Magazine's Street Rod Quarterly, Summer 1971. May be easier than tracking down the individual issues of Rod & Custom.

3. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

The quartly is worth getting and using as a guide for building. I have almost worn mine out over the years.

4. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

Thanks , I will look for the Street Rod Quarterly , still looking for a scan of the first report .... Thanks

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018

5. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Here ya go. hope I got the ones you need! Had to put all in two posts. they wouldn't let me put them all in one.

Attached Files:

6. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Here's the next set.

Attached Files:

7. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Boy, I wonder if that is legal---HA HA (reprinting a magazine, I am sure Bud and the boys would not mind).

8. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

Thanks Ramblin dan ,
    not to worry Coconuts when I do find a copy at a swap meet I will be buying it to complete the set.

9. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

No problem flathead. I put the cover of the book I got it from figuring you would probably want to try and find the book and would want to see what it looked like. It might take some time to come across a book that's almost 50 years old but then again I am always amazed what I find sometimes at the swap meet. So from one Canadian to another, hope this helps.

10. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

It's ok coconuts I'm already serving time for tearing that little tag off my bed mattress.