Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Please check and if needed replace your rubber gas line!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 29, 2018.

1. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where I live it's 10%+ and I only have one 8" long flexible hose from the line to the fuel pump. I would never have one from the pump to the carb, with benders, flare tools, steel line, and fittings there is no excuse.
    I continue to add a Sta-Bil product for peace of mind.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. I'm glad you caught the leak early and was able to avoided a problem. HRP

3. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I'm over the whining that it is somebody else's fault when your old car needs attention.
    We are mechanics. We drive cars that are 85 years old because we are adaptable and capable of fixing them instead of buying what all the other sheeple drive. I was going to post a picture of my Mercury, which I drove 60,000 miles over 15 years exclusively on E10 without any problem, but then I realized that is not special. There are over 200 million cars on the road today, and most of them burn E10. I'd wager that the majority of cars that have problems are cars that sit around. I'd further wager that there a numerous factors behind those failures. Rather than scapegoats and old wives tales, we need to fix our shit and drive.
    [​IMG]

LM14 likes this.
  4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Barn, I agree, I drive mine every weekend. Maybe that's why no problems in 6 yrs.

5. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"I'd wager that the majority of cars that have problems are cars that sit around."

That's the problem with hobbyist vehicles, or those of us with lots of vehicles.

6. 5brown1

5brown1