Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Kids at car shows.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28 Ford PU, Apr 30, 2018.

1. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Let’s see some kids at the shows or in the garage that brings a smile to your face. I posted a few photos of a kid I don’t even know. IMG_1303.JPG IMG_1301.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. zzford

zzford

As long as the kids are well behaved and well under the parents control, I love to see kids at the car shows. It's fertile ground for planting the seeds for another generation of gearheads. My sons always loved going to the shows. They still do go, now it's with their own cars.

3. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

4. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Here is my Grandson. There is a car show coming up near their house. He saw the sign and asked his Mom if Grandpa was taking him again this year. He wants to go. I'm thrilled.

Attached Files:

Fordors, BigO, Deuces and 8 others like this.

5. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

First time I took my grandson to a car show I explained the correct way for him to look at a car - hands behind his back with his fingers interlocked. He picked right up on it.

Lee

Fordors, chryslerfan55, BigO and 12 others like this.
  6. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Your his Superman I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Fordors, chryslerfan55, BigO and 6 others like this.
  7. I'll post this picture that I took at the Auto fair, in Charlotte N.C. This little guy has a very cool Hot Rod. But you don't want to get me started with pictures of my grand kids!:rolleyes: Lol Ron... 20180406_133003.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

There have been several times when a youngster was checking out my car. I ask them if they would like to sit behind the wheel. Usually brings a smile! Who knows?....might just plant that seed that will sprout to be another hot-rodder.:D

9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

if I was rolled around a car show like that when I was a kid...I never would have grown up !

BigO, Atwater Mike, Stogy and 7 others like this.
  10. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

no pics, but we finally had a break in the weather this weekend and I got the car back together enough that I could take my son for a little ride around town.... with the pipes open of course! last time we went out for a ride was summer of 2016 before I took it apart to redo the motor and trans. I had the dumps on it still because I had been driving it to work in the mornings. asked him if he wanted to go for a ride one night and he asked me if I would take the dumps off first. I told him no, but you're welcome to take them off if you want! my 7 year old sprinted to the toolbox lol

Fordors, hfh, chryslerfan55 and 6 others like this.
  11. zzford

zzford

I believe there have been more time with kids sitting behind the wheel of my car than I have. They absolutely love it!

12. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

My Granddaughter Molly in my OT '72 Formula Firebird @ the cruise night that I run! 051.JPG
    KK

13. Most recent photo of Veda & I going for a ride. HRP

veda_granddaddy_32.jpg

14. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

15. Deuces

Deuces

That thing rules!!!!.....:)

Ron Funkhouser and loudbang like this.
  16. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

20180430_143605.png Me, and The Kitten, at her first Cruise in.

17. rgdavid

rgdavid

That kid in uniform has got the right idea really quick..... a smart uniform pulls the pretty girls,

The mini dragster is brilliant.

Ron Funkhouser, Deuces, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  18. jerry123

jerry123

upload_2018-4-30_16-46-0.png love taking my grand daughters to car shows

19. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

At a show on Saturday this past weekend, a dude was walking around with 2 kids, as he walked along ignoring the kids, they ran up to each car, and climbed on the running boards (if they had them) to look inside, or up next to the cars with no running boards, and leaned against them putting their hands on the paint and their noses on the glass. The dude was clueless, paying no attention at all and saying nothing to the kids. My wife and I just stared at them. I thought he would get a clue as we bored holes into him with our eyes, but nope, he kept walking along in la la land..... Arrrrgggggg.....

Deuces, Stogy, zzford and 2 others like this.
  20. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

The little man is rockin' that uniform and he picked the right kitten (in white) to pose with.

Deuces, Stogy, oldsjoe and 3 others like this.
  21. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

This is #2 grandson, Nick. He got into cars quickly. I don't get to see him much since his old man is
    an Air Force lifer, hopefully he still has the fever.

5-27-2009_058.JPG

22. RussTee

RussTee

Awsum love seeing kids growing into the hobby with awe

Deuces, Stogy, zzford and 2 others like this.
  23. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My favorite has always been Joshua Shaw at the street rod nats with a car he built for his dad, with a sign encouraging you to put your kid IN the car and take his picture. Feel free to make engine sounds, the sign said. THAT is what these old cars are all about!

24. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

25. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg My Grandson in San. Fran.

26. Ford28

Ford28

Me and Little Steely Monroe at the Spring Goodguys 2017 Texas Motor Speedway. 5DD8DE7C-386D-4C70-9E6D-065F6D707074.jpeg

27. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi not that one guy.Great video.Loved the sound track too.Great tribute to your Dad.Have seen it before.Even better the second time around.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

chryslerfan55, Deuces, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  28. I tried a thread like this a couple of years ago and it was closed because the admins thought putting pics of children on the internet wasn't such a good idea with society as messed up as it is lately. So if its closed, you know why.

Deuces likes this.
  29. Normant93

Normant93

Here's a couple of my son, I started him out at age 2 going to shows and vintage road racing events. I don't have any of the early pics handy but here's a couple more recent ones from vintage racing events at Lime Rock.
    He was about 14 when he got a ride in a actual 289 cobra and 18 when the owner of a hemi powered Indy roadster we were admiring told him to "try it on".
    Unfortunately, this will be the first year since he was two, that he'll miss the vintage race weekend at Lime Rock, he has an internship in CO for the summer. Start them early and it may stick!!
    indy1.JPG JJ cobra.JPG

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  30. That's a tear jerker right there...:)

Deuces and Ron Funkhouser like this.