Register now to get rid of these ads!

In BETA

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Ryan, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So, what's this all about? It's a test of sorts really. Most of us like old things beyond hot rods and customs and I thought it would be kind of neat to have a forum to post the shit we find and restore... You know, stuff like pre-65 campers (the real catalyst for this idea), retail displays, motorcycles, big trucks, furniture, signs, boats, motorcycles, go-karts, etc...

So, here's a place for us to do that. Please keep in mind that this is a test of sorts... I have no idea if it will work or if we will continue to support this forums. BUT, I wanted to give it a try.

You can read about how this forum came to be here.

Anyway, enjoy!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Totally dig this idea

Gremlinguy likes this.
  3. F&J

F&J

Awesome to expand the already sweet site! even if it does not work out.. I camped a LOT with my then young only child, a son.. until he was old enough to have a car...then no more, sadly. Guess what? He was never a Wrench like me, he DIVES! Snorkel only, spearfishing, trips to the Fla Mid Keys and off of the New England Coast! The Vineyard Off Cape Cod Mass, and "the Block" (Block Island RI)...Sharks don't seem to bother his attitude, as he spears only fish to eat...he does not spear sharks for fun. I still worry a bit when he "wreck dives" 50 feet deep, those are full of nets from trawlers, but that is where lots of fish are.. Heck, my Dad was a world class swimmer, he never taught ME! I still can't swim..

I love old campers.. I took some great pics of a very rare 1933-34 "5th Wheel" art deco trailer where the mount hitch was meant to fit into the rumble seat/or trunk area. The nose was tapered inwards, looking like a classic aircraft nose like the "Electra", etc.. Rear fenders from a 33-34 Ford car, AND General Jumbo wheels... last registered on the California Plate as 1964. Danged I cannot recall the brand name, something very short, starting with 'S"... Lost the pics on a crashed PC 15 years ago. It was part of the biggest New England Antique truck Private Museum that was later lost in some business failure, no idea where it went.

The entire structure was wood ribs just like a plane with some painted fabric exactly like a plane! Rounded top like an Airstream roof cross section.. The inside was wild, art deco lights, the kitchen at the rounded rear end, no bathroom, just a large living area.. Wild..needed resto, but nice overall builder..unmolested parts were all there.

The only other rumble type 5th wheel I ever saw in person was in the early 70s at Hershey, on the swap field by a vendor...pulled by a 32-33 Chrysler Coupe with a modern BB Mopar V8 but bone stock looking ... wild!

Thanks for this..I hope it flys!

Time to read the new section below from Moriarity... the "king" of Kustoms! LOL

Bishop Schulz and Moriarity like this.

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

5. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

Looking forward. Thanks Ryan.

6. Interesting :)

7. Ryan,Is there/will there be a place for buy or sell? I have that '56 Shasta I was tell you about. HRP

Crankhole likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Baby steps...

And again, that was too kind of you.

Crankhole likes this.
  9. HiHelix

HiHelix

I find this as a great idea since many crafts of restoring things can cross pollinate to help restore autos...

10. The offer still stands. HRP

11. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Ryan- This is awesome, thank you!!

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I really like this idea!
    What are your thoughts on sharing the work we're doing on our 1960 mid century modern home? I'm also just starting the process of building a detached garage that will compliment the MCM aesthetics of the home. (That may belong on the Garage Journal, though...)

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Shit yeah.

Moriarity likes this.
  14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Cool. I like the idea too.

15. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Love this idea I branch out into so many other forms of restoration. hope it takes off, and thank you.

16. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I like it, pulling around a 1965 Scotsman so I see the connection.

17. Duellym

Duellym

I love this, I love old campers and trucks... this should be a good section.

18. williebill

williebill

This is very cool. Thanks, Ryan, hope you keep this alive.
    My G/F complains that I only like old stuff.... she's right, I remind her that I like her, too.
    The older I get, the worse it is.... I get excited over old nuts and bolts.
    House is full of mid/late 1800s furniture, clocks, marble top tables and dressers, even a spinning wheel from the early 1800s.
    My 30 something kids don't want any of it.
    Hope this will inspire more youngsters to appreciate the old ways and things.

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  19. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

20. gdaddy

gdaddy
    from nw fl.

21. Dig this new forum.

22. 55Deso

55Deso
    from Wyoming

I know Id enjoy seeing that.

23. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

This is great, Ryan. Thank you.

24. dudley32

dudley32

I really like this. Hope it will expand and live on it's own...

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  25. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

I've really enjoyed reading the topics already posted here. It shows what a variety of interests and talents are on this board. Blinged out antique lawn mowers, who would have thunk.

26. Ancient Iron

Ancient Iron

I like this idea as many of us have the summer to work on and enjoy the rolling stock but devote our time to other interests in the winter. It takes a great deal of talent and creativity to build a rod and I expect many of us likely apply those same skills and talents elsewhere when we can...

Sent from my LG-H820 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. 97

30 kids? that's a hell of a collection on it's own..are they all pre 65 though? :D

alanp561 and Outback like this.
  28. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Cool idea! I wonder if old tractors are too much of a stretch?
    I have been looking for an old camper that I can tear into eventually.