Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Can anybody ID this old T roadster?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 46stude, Apr 29, 2018.

1. 46stude

46stude

I stumbled across a pic of this T while image searching "gow jobs". Anybody recognize it?

I'd love to hear the history on it & find out some of the build details. t road.jpg

ABONES and Max Gearhead like this.
  2. exterminator

exterminator

3. A friend of mine owned it for a while. It was an old roundy round car. Had a hoop roll bar and a top too. He sold it last year much to my chagrin. I believe it was originally from Texas or maybe Oklahoma?

Stogy and Saxon like this.
  4. cracker head

cracker head

@KKrod used to own it, or one real similar....

Stogy and KKrod like this.

5. Don't you just love the drag link?

Stogy likes this.
  6. 46stude

46stude

Stogy likes this.
  7. This was first on ebay 10 years back has sold a couple times since. I seriously considered buying it but it was just too big an expense to get it to OZ.

These are the photos I saved from the Auction as well as the info with the known history.

3fe1_3.jpg 4bcd_3.jpg 4db0_3.jpg 4ed4_3.jpg 5b7c_3.jpg 5e08_3.jpg 16d3_3.jpg 23t-info-2.jpg 23t-info.jpg 48ca_3.jpg 50ef_3.jpg 58b3_3.jpg 457e_3.jpg 1458_3.jpg 1546_3.jpg 4249_3.jpg

Attached Files:

8. 46stude

46stude

Awesome- thank you for posting that up! I knew somebody on the HAMB would know the car's backstory. Fills in a lot of the questions I had.

Stogy likes this.
  9. KKrod

KKrod

Not shown is the exhaust header that came with the car when I bought it off of ebay in 2006. (JimmyB we must have both been looking at it) Most of these photos were taken in my backyard. It had a long exhaust tube which ran along side of the car. It split into 2 tubes where the head had been. This would correspond to 1928 chevy 4 engine with a two port head. I put the tires and wheels on it. It had been sitting outside for years in the western Oklahoma area.

If it could talk it would tell a lot about the old Oklahoma area racing. Sure hope the car will show up at TROG one of these days with a hot 4 chevy so it can be enjoyed. If the current owner will message me I can give him all the information I have.

The information that I got with the car was that it was found in an old wrecking yard in western Oklahoma. Raced 1948-1954. Ran at Woodward, Enid, Lawton, Taft Stadium, 23rd and Western. The rear wheels were 16" dodge artillery wheels.

stillrunners and cracker head like this.
  10. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

way cool project. It looks amazing already. Just needs a ton of worth while work.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Small world...triple Hamby...question is where did it go?

12. KKrod

KKrod

13. Was this not the T - trackster that was at the Invasion a year or so back with a Ford banger motor ? My D-500 last run was in Enid....ended up just across the street from the dirt track....looked at it for some 35 plus years before I drug it home to Dallas....look for it some day at a show near you........ 20180313_191526.jpg

kidcampbell71 and KKrod like this.