Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Drove it home today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2bubbas, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Completed the trade with a follow HAMB'er- '61 "454" Biscayne for '66 Ford F100 PU- have some future plans but for now will just do some minor clean up- has some neat "old" pinstripes which I will work hard to save! 100_2104.JPG

Attached Files:

Woogeroo, wicarnut, rjones35 and 15 others like this.
  2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

3. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

hard to find such a clean truck in michigan, great find.................

2bubbas and hotrodharry2 like this.
  4. was a CA truck before MI- always garage kept here-

bobwop and F&J like this.

5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Built and sold 3 of them . Got any questions , I’ll try to help . By the way that’s a nice one !

2bubbas likes this.
  6. 2BUBBASI like it! Good luck with her down the road.Bruce.

2bubbas likes this.
  7. upspirate

upspirate

Nice truck. Show us the Biscayne!

8. Benny's Ford

Benny's Ford

Very nice !

2bubbas likes this.
  9. Wrench666

Wrench666

My dad had a 64 when I was a kid it was whit too. Brings back memories Great score

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2bubbas likes this.
  10. philo426

philo426

Very clean!We have a red 65 around here that has a built in storage compartment in the bed side.Very cool feature!

2bubbas likes this.
  11. Bob..glad you like it. It’s one of the most solid un touched trucks I’ve ever seen and one you’ll never find around the mitten state. Pays to have friends in Central California..me and my family loved the old truck..we used it for our Christmas cards over the years. Now on to what to do with the 61..I’m thinking a beastly sounding mild Kustom since it’s already gone down that path with the nose, deck, shave, sunken antenna...but that 454 sounds very good...I’m thinking chrome reverse wheels, wide whites or pinner whites, maybe radars

Attached Files:

12. Good looking truck,I got my 65 F-100 Custom Cab short bed back in 1973 and I loved driving it daily,I wrecked it in the late 80's and decided to give it a hot rod look and removed all the trim,repainted it black added flames, 3o2 & 4 speed and drive it like that until the engine started knocking.

I parked it in the barn and that's where it sits to this day,I am bound and determined to get it back on the road,it's the next one in line. HRP

2bubbas likes this.
  13. pumpman

pumpman

Love the chevy, one of my favorite body styles. Looks like you both won.

upspirate likes this.
  14. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Good looking truck.

2bubbas likes this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats to both of you - future fun

2bubbas likes this.
  16. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Both vehicles look great! You both done good!!

2bubbas likes this.
  17. You sure look good behind the wheel- have you p-ssed off the neighborhood yet?

F&J likes this.
  18. 0nedon

0nedon

Nice look'in and what's best you can enjoy driving it now.

19. Feels that way!

20. Bob...I’ve got permagrin...wife likes it..it’s a great driving car...

2bubbas likes this.
  21. Thanks to Moose on here for the nice photoshop job..here’s where I’m heading with it

Attached Files:

2bubbas and catdad49 like this.
  22. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Good trade for both - winners.

2bubbas likes this.
  23. catdad49

catdad49

Looks like a great swap. Ol white Hillbilly truck and the Sleeper, ya'll Enjoy!!

2bubbas likes this.
  24. Pulled the chrome rims and too large WW- put these on- used the bullet and chrome lug nuts and will add trim ring- 100_2114.JPG

Attached Files:

Texas57 and bobwop like this.
  25. Knghtcadi

Knghtcadi

Spider rings imo

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. Looking good Bob..I worked a 15 hour day and seeing this picture put a smile on my face. Im sure it drives better. I was gifted the tires and got those wheels at a swap..thought “yeah those tires will work”..it looked great but I hated the way it drove. The radials were so much better and you did a great job cleaning them up. I had 56 Buick caps on it with a bullet in the center and it looked really nice, also had a set of 55 ford caps with a bullet in place of the medallion. I’m glad to see you enjoying the truck...drive the crap out of it!

2bubbas likes this.
  27. Got them sold if I want to do that- 14 yo building his first truck (with Dad's help) May just let him have-

Told them bias ply and undetermined age- said would just be rollers as 2 years before he can drive-

28. That’s awesome. Those chrome reverse wheels were pretty sweet though..but that kid would dig em

2bubbas likes this.
  29. Bob...love the car...just took the family out to dinner and stopped by one of my “old timer” buddy’s he had his 40 out front and he was in his shop and Walked out and said ..thought someone had a drag car out front...said it had the good 454 with the smaller ports..better driver and low end..I gotta tell ya...I’m a blue oval guy...but this things really growing on me..hell I even ordered a car cover

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    2bubbas likes this.
  30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

looks great! Especially without that grizzled old guy in the photo! Glad you are both happy with the trade. As it should be!

2bubbas likes this.