Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever put a SBF in an S10 frame?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlowandLow63, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Bump for the mid-weekers.

2. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

A good friend of mine had a gmc s15 with a dead 4 cyl, he also was building a 69 mustang coupe with a 302 and a c4, the mustang needed alot of body work, one day we were sitting around looking at the truck, and the freshly built 302 and not sure who thought of it we suddenly began the process of pulling the dead 4 banger, replaced the front sump oil pan on the 302 with a rear sump from a 82 mustang, using the stock gm trans mount with a plate to adapt it to the c4 while using 76 ford truck rubber motor mounts a couple of pieces of 2x3 with a hole drilled in them with a pie cut so the motor mount stud could slide down in, lined the engine and tranny up to the rear axle, welded the tubing in place, the only real mod to the truck body was on the passenger side firewall so the exhaust would clear, since it was a regular cab short bed the stock 69 mustang drive shaft was the perfect length, from start to finish we drove the truck down the street 8 hours after we started. So it can be done.

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Sweet, so the oil pan is no prob, have one already. How about the exhuast, (other than the firewall) was it comfortable or needed fitment? Headers, manifolds? The trans is going to sit on the '51 crossmember so thats no issue. Basically the only thing I need to look into is fabbing a motor mount.

Anyone else? Maybe some pics?

4. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Here is a 68 Camaro with SBF...............although this is an Alston front clip

Attached Files:

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Wow, thats even more backwards than what I'm going to do! Thanks. :)

6. gearheadwelder

gearheadwelder
    from CT.

An 80's mustang rear sump is really a double sump as stated earlier and it will fit in an S-10. I'm helping a young kid in town clip a 51 sedan now. We cut and spliced the S-10 just behind the chessy firewall body mount, again as stated earlier , the outside measurements are within about 3/16. It wasn't that hard at all and all replacement parts for it are cheap. Headers will be a breeze and we made a biscuit style motor mount setup. This is for a kid without a bankroll to buy parts, we're just building parts as needed. So SlowandLow if you would like any detailed info, feel free to PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.