Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2018 Jalopy Showdown moving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hd1084, Nov 19, 2017.

1. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I would of thought Lincoln would have started weekly racing by then . Guess not :eek:

2. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

What Iam gonna do is this.Do Outlaws at Lincoln Weds night,stay at Gettysburg campgrounds. Do Gettysburg tour Thursday,stay at Gettysburg Campground. Friday setup at showdown swap meet,go to Williams Grove for Outlaws, then back to Gettysburg Campground. Saturday do Showdown, go to Williams Grove again and stay there to camp. Drive home Sunday morning

Easy drive back and forth and showers at campground. Sunday morning all I,ll need is a coffee and Iam heading north and only stopping for gas and more coffee.I love this stuff!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  3. Graystoke

Graystoke

The World of Outlaw Sprint cars are in the area, and Lincoln has them on Wednesday night. So, they have no racing scheduled on Saturday night when the Outlaws will be at Williams Grove.

This creates a hotel room shortage, but it's no different than any other year. The only difference is that the Showdown has moved down the road a few miles.

scarylarry and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Old Ford Coupe

Old Ford Coupe

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Cant get any better than 3 nights of Outlaws and the Showdown with their own racecars.Booking my campsites and tickets today!!

Dino 64, lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  6. scarylarry

scarylarry

Ron, More on camping when it get a little closer.

7. Dumb question, so what is the Beaver Springs event on 9-29-18? The drags? I am looking to go to the drag event and not the dirt track event.

8. Yes, that is the Jalopy Showdown Drags, also put on by Larry. Both are great events that I try to make every year.

9. So looking forward to both events.
    Gonna beat on the '57 hard at the drags.

10. I'm thinking about camping out this year at the drags. Probably wont have my car ready but it's been fun for me even as just a spectator. I'll try and get some good action shots of the 57.

11. Wraymen, thanks for the info! I'm hoping to go this year. It's been on my wishlist for awhile.

12. Looks like I need to make room for at least one more Jalopy Showdown poster.:D 20180227_183420.jpg 20180227_183450.jpg 20180227_183518.jpg

13. I see a new T-shirt in your future, too!!:eek::D:cool:

14. ....................For sure........getting low on inventory.:rolleyes:

15. No bump in the month of March, back to the top. It may even warm up by May here.

16. It better start now. I am falling behind on what needs done with the coupe, testing etc, because of the horrible Pa. weather .:mad:

17. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Not much better down here in N. Va.
    Feels like February !!

18. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Still feels like February here in Minnesota too. Just checked temp and it is 30 degrees, witch is 20/25 degrees colder than normal. One to three inches of new snow for Sunday. I am already booked for this years Stray Cat 500 in May but seriously considering the Showdown for next May. I hope the new venue works out for you guys! Good Luck!

19. ... Here is our Michigan weather forecast for this week and the rest of April ...

IMG_16821.jpg

20. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

A month away,it will be fine. The event I worry about is Rhinebeck where Iam staying in my truck over night. Thats in 2 weeks. Yikes

21. scarylarry

scarylarry

ust a little more info as we guess our way into the new venue. I assume most people will be coming in Kinneman Rd from Rt 30. Gates will open at 8 AM...we actually have a gate! We will have signs directing hot rods(show cars)to line up in the spectator parking area as seen to the right. This will keep the road open to traffic. Vendor and race car trailer parking will be in the parking lot to the left but must enter same gate then enter infield pits at second turn opening. Spectator gate is at the corner of Kinneman and Racetrack Roads. Hey, it’s a start!
    [​IMG]

22. Thanks for the update, Larry. A little recon ride up Racetrack Road took me past a lot of houses. Should we avoid that way? Thanks for everything!

23. scarylarry

scarylarry

I think anybody that lives along there is used to traffic on show day.

24. ..............................and noise.:D;)

25. Any one getting a room for Friday night? There was talk of a cruise to the Museum sometime during the day/evening.

26. scarylarry

scarylarry

Jr. is leading the cruise to the museum from Lincoln Speedway Friday at 1:30. Anyone is welcome to join in. That should get you there by 2 at the latest and give you a couple hours to check out the new cars in for this season. He will be going up Rt. 194 through East Berlin and across back roads so there is no hurry like there would be on Rt.94 to 15. With any luck My link for Goggle maps will work here.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...93ed8f!2m2!1d-77.0824936!2d40.0218011!3e0!4e1

I had to add the Pondtown location because it kept wanting to send me another way dragging the whole route.

27. fatabone

fatabone

It will be a nice 20-30 minute scenic ride on some back roads and would be cool to have a nice line of cars. Be sure to get one of the helpful staff in the museum to give the tour and fill you with all the history Its Free!