Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Info needed on Gordon Keck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BROWNSTER, Apr 24, 2018.

1. BROWNSTER

BROWNSTER
    from WASHINGTON

Looking for info and pictures of the old top fuel match racer out of California
    Gordon (Gordie) Keck I know he also ran his dragster under Keck, Soran and Tappenier please let me know if you have any information I own one of his fire suits !!!

2. [​IMG]Here's an oldie I never would have ID'd if not for the inclusion of good info written on the back of the photo and a newspaper caption glued alongside it. This is Gordie Keck, of San Luis Obispo, running the Keck, Soran & Tappanier Top Fueler to victory at Santa Maria Dragway on Halloween Day 1965, shortly after the track opened. The caption says that power came from a 300-cid Chrysler, a far cry from today's 500-inch behemoths. I've never heard of Keck and can’t find mention of him in any of my vast resources.

Found the above on NHRA site. It appears he was better known in land speed racing circles than drag racing.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    loudbang and stillrunners like this.
  3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe he went into the trailer business. I've seen a few enclosed car haulers with his name on them.

loudbang and stillrunners like this.

4. loudbang

loudbang

5. Fordors

Fordors