Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Roof swap photo shop please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shonky, Apr 23, 2018.

1. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

Could someone please photoshop a chopped 49/50 Merc roof onto my 47 Ford also making it a deep metal flake green would be nice
    Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. What are you going to do with wheels and stance?

merc top2.jpg

Sancho likes this.
  3. Drew Burgess

Drew Burgess

wow. I have always wondered what my '59 ford would look like with different roofs.

4. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

Taildragger on 15” rims with 57 caddy caps , bullet centres it’s also getting 51 Desoto teeth and a 49/50 Merc grille surround but due to this is only photo I have of my car in one piece didn’t think I’d mention it

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

6. Playing around with your car and took some artistic license just to see what it might look like as you described...

ns.jpg skirt.jpg

7. a little more chop
    i think I like it

shonky likes this.
  8. alchemy

alchemy

When the Photoshop artist does it they don't have to contend much with scale. But be aware the later Merc roof is bigger in every direction. And don't let me rain on your parade.

Sancho and Hnstray like this.
  9. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

Ha yea I know !
    Had to loose 8” out of the 51 dash to make it fit

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app View attachment 3877757 View attachment 3877757

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  10. Not much different than a lot of other chop/modifications...just take a look at some of the work that Cody Walls and others have posted on HAMB....Photoshop is just a tool to show how an idea in the minds eye might look in reality and whether it's worth the effort to bring out the physical tools to make it happen. If there's a will there's a way.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. All good points. I did some Photoshop renderings for a friend of mine and tried to explain that I could only guesstimate on the scale of some of the parts. He asked if I could make it work in Photoshop. I told him "Of course I can, can you make it work in reality?" ;)

shonky likes this.
  12. I do like the look of the Merc roof on it, would take some shortening, narrowing, etc.
    Not an easy task, but not impossible either... at least for people more skilled in bodywork than I am!

shonky likes this.