Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical New Exhaust Manifold Paint

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by PeggySue, Apr 10, 2018.

1. VHT makes good stuff and I recall when all they made was exhaust and header paint. I use their black chassis and rollcage paint all the time, holds up on chassis parts quite well.

2. Made by Williams? I never saw those before. I have to look them up, my ram horns are a tight squeeze in my chassis.

3. PeggySue

PeggySue

Got them through National Chevy, there special made for 49 thru 54 V8 swap. The main thing I had to do was to cut small part out of firewall inside edge by frame, went right in perfect . The ram ones that the owner before used, one side was tight on the starter and drivers side, steering rod was hitting even after he had dented the pipe in, now I have room to swing a cat!

bobss396 likes this.
  4. Thanks, I will look them up. I have a SBC in my Ford and the ram horns just make it, the rear-exit would solve a few issues.

5. MOTOV8N

MOTOV8N
    from Manitoba

i just brushed on a second, thin layer of this paint from KBS Coatings on two sandblasted nailhead exhaust manifolds. Time will tell... Has anyone used this? IMG_1843.jpg IMG_1838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app