Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy/Oregon/

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by fowldarr, Apr 23, 2018.

1. fowldarr

fowldarr

Hey all, I've been spending a lot of time over on the Garage Journal (sister board) as I got everything put together in my shop at my new house. My shop itself is a 16x30, and does double duty working on cars and woodworking. I've been putting all the big equipment on wheels so I can reconfigure when necessary.

We just bought this house in June of last year, and my wife had made me promise no more projects until we got settled in.

I've never built a 'hot rod' or 'custom' but I've put a few vehicles back together in my day including a few Toyota LandCruisers and a 1959 Willy's Wagon (I loved that thing).

My plan is to buy an old pickup in fair to good condition. Late 50's and into the 60's vintage, and make it a capable hauler with more power than it needs (My excuse to the wife is that we need something to make dump runs and pick up lumber in). On my short list are C10s, F100's and I did look at a 1971 International 1110 that I really liked (because it's different).

So, I'll be spending some time cruising around the message board, asking questions while I shop. Hopefully I'll have a cool project to share soon.

2. I believe the title of this forum is "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" not tell about your builds,homes and other chit

3. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

4. fowldarr

fowldarr

Wow, I hope that first response doesn't set the tone for the overall experience here at H.A.M.B., I guess I figured you all might want to know a little bit about me and my "chit" if I was going to be hanging out here.

If I was out of line in 'introducing myself' I apologize, and must have misread the culture of this board.

5. SR100

SR100

Welcome to Hoodlums Anonymous Message Board. Some of us are crabby old men (and all of us are opinionated)... If you haven't done so already, read the guidelines. Some of us don't want to hear anything about the OT stuff (LandCruisers, anything post-65) and will say so.

6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Don't let them get to you. They are the minority here.

There is tons of info on the older trucks. I'm partial to the Chevy's but plenty of others here as well. My 64 is at Home Depot almost every weekend!

Welcome

7. fowldarr

fowldarr

The only point I was making with the other projects is that I wasn't planning on showing up and asking how to change oil. I've done a fair amount of backyard wrenching, (and the international is a cool truck and if I buy it, I will find a different place to hang out since it is post '65).

KJSR, I think I've actually seen your truck before (if you're referring to the one in the avatar), I used to go through tooele quite often when I lived in Elko, I saw a truck an awful lot like the one in your avatar, I think I even snapped a picture of it (at a mexican restaurant I think....could be wrong on that)

8. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Yep that would be mine. I have only been here for 8 years and wrecked in the middle of that. It’s back on the road and sexy as hell.

There are a ton of people on here with a non-traditional car. Just don’t post about and you will be fine. Hell I have TRUE one car garage but still check out the garage journal haha.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Do not worry about being caught by the self appointed introduction police. Does this all the time and never has anything good to reply when a new member gives tons of intro info.
    I think basically if you give your City & state, and at least your first name or what you wish to be called & photo's of your hamb friendly rides should be plenty. Actually from memory I do not think the site guidelines actually spells out what should be included in an intro.
    Welcome. Jimmie

KJSR likes this.