Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage We went up Pikes Peak in the Hot Rod today.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Montana1, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Ha! On the ranch where I grew up, the horses lived outside, and only came into the barn when we saddled them. There wasn't much need to "clean" the barn after them. My wife's spoiled horses seem to spend as much time in the barn as out, and she spends endless hours scooping poop. Thankfully she seems to enjoy it, and the exercise keeps her in great shape! :D

2. More cool shots...
    IMG_1839.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

20180415_0005.JPG

j-jock, MO_JUNK, TFoch and 4 others like this.
  3. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Yes snow is so pretty, when you don't have to shovel it or drive in it! Great scenery very nice! Joe

Hotdoggin DaddyO and Montana1 like this.
  4. bantam

bantam

Read this post last night. Made sure I stopped to take in my view of the Peak on the commute to work this morning. Also to appreciate my wife, a cancer survivor.

Appreciate your photos and the reminder to appreciate our time on earth and those that make it worthwhile.

Bantam

Hotdoggin DaddyO and Montana1 like this.
  5. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

My condolences also. Thanks for sharing this story. It sounds like something you needed to do to assist in the healing from the loss.

Montana1 likes this.
  6. tractorguy

tractorguy

Thanks for sharing the awesome trip with your family up that great road........I sure do miss the dirt !!.....have lots of great memories and family pictures from the good old days. I loved the baptism.

May you stay blessed with family and memories.

Montana1 likes this.
  7. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Tom,
    Great tribute. Thanks for taking us along. The guys were glad to meet you at Charlie's garage and house of hot rod bullshit meeting on Saturday and said you fit right in. Hopefully it will provide some distraction on Saturdays while dealing with your loss. Thanks for coming by the shop to introduce yourself, always nice to put a face to an avatar on the HAMB. Between Saturday breakfast with the Rod and Custom guys and lunch with our bunch your gonna have to watch it cause you'll be putting on some extra pounds.

Montana1 and oldsjoe like this.
  8. Thanks Bantam, don't let a day go by that you don't hug her, and kiss her, and tell her you love her...

39ChevyBob likes this.
  9. My pleasure Rusty. I normally go to FL for the winter, but obviously couldn't this year. Thanks to all the guys in the CS Rod & Custom Car Club and Charlie's garage for adopting me right in this winter. I've really enjoyed our time together. You guys are a swell bunch. ;)

Amen to putting on some extra pounds!

10. My condolences, losing a loved one is never easy and I hope sharing the story somehow makes it easier and also thank you for taking us along with the story and photos.

Truck64 and Montana1 like this.
  11. Thank you.

Montana1 likes this.
  12. The family pic at the top was great. :) The snow pics, not so great. If you come to Pueblo for NSRA. we might get to meet. Best wishes for the future. :)

Montana1 likes this.
  13. Sorry for your loss. Great story and I'm glad you two got to ride together along with your family.

Montana1 likes this.
  14. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Thank you for posting, I am sure it was not easy. I am sorry for the loss of your wife.

Montana1 likes this.
  15. I don't like the snow either. I usually go to FL for the winter. I'll be back east by the time Pueblo comes around. Thanks

16. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Tom, thank you for the great pictures and for sharing this family event with us. You have so many great family memories to reflect upon. I've been thinking of you often and wondering how you were getting through the cold days of Winter. I'm looking forward to visiting with you this Summer. Praying for your comfort. Sam

Montana1 likes this.
  17. Thanks Sam. Everything is family at our house. The kids are taking good care of Papa this winter. I got involved with the CS Rod & Custom Club here this winter to help distract from all the reality. I plan to go to Waynesville, I'll see you there.

MO_JUNK and 1956 F100 like this.
  18. I know your Pain, I lost my Wife Dec. 16, 2012 & if it wasen't for My Family
    I would have Lost my self.
    I met my Wife in my 50 Merc back in the Day!
    Keep your Family Close & you will be OK
    Best Wishes for you

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

Montana1 likes this.
  19. Here's a few more misc. pics...
    IMG_1826.JPG

Grandkids are great! :)

IMG_1914.JPG
    That's a Papa wink! ;)

IMG_1861.JPG
    Look out! I think I saw Bigfoot right behind you! :eek:

20180415_0172.JPG

Naw! That's just Papa... :cool:

jnaki, TFoch, rustednutz and 3 others like this.
  20. fatkoop

fatkoop

I remember you from the garage tour a few weeks ago. Thought you were a gentleman then, now I know you are. So sorry for your loss.

Montana1 likes this.
  21. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Grandkids are great! :)
    You are so right!
    Grandkids are the BEST! Joe

Montana1 and TFoch like this.
  22. Beautiful memories were made on that day.

Montana1 and oldsjoe like this.
  23. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

I can't imagine your loss. My wife and I met in 1970 when I was 16 and she was 15. Been together ever since. She's put up with me through thick and thin, my bout with cancer and 70+ cars and projects. Glad she knew the Lord so you know where she is. The baptism of your grandson was especially awesome!!!

Montana1, tractorguy and oldsjoe like this.
  24. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for your loss, nice family there. I'm shure she is looking down on you, God bless.

Montana1 likes this.
  25. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks for sharing your story, very moving. I and my wife and daughter drove up Pike's Peak in 1972, when we lived in Denver. I lost her to Parkinson's last May, after 49 years of marriage. I am inspired by your own journey, and might do the same, take her along for the memories.....

jnaki, Montana1 and oldsjoe like this.
  26. sindi

sindi
    from indiana

Thank you Tom, for sharing your journey with us. And thank you for sharing your friendship as well. Bill & I have always looked forward to our visits with you & Ruth (& Tiffany). She is now & will continue to be deeply missed. Such great women are few & far between. She will always be with you, and lives on forever in the kids.
    Stay in touch - hope to see you again real soon.
    Sindi & Bill

27. Thanks Sindi, It was good to see you guys the other day at Portland. TR