Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Congregation Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shamus, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Was invited to bring my roadster to The Congregation Show in Charlotte this past week-end. Lots of bikes & related vendors, just a few cars. Several of the cars invited did not show up. Weather was a concern. The old Ford North Camp facility was perfect, wooden floors & all. Felt a little out of place as it was, after all, a Bike show. Lots of young folks having a good time with bikes of all years, styles & sizes. Seems the only grey heads in attendance were the car owners. Show hours were 2 PM 'til 8 PM - past my bed time.

Attached Files:

Jet96, wicarnut, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  2. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice choice of cars. Thanks for the pics.

3. I really wanted to attend, but I had just been in CLT for the AutoFair the weekend before and couldn't swing a second trip in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the photos!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats on invite - Thanks for pics

5. alchemy

alchemy

Wow! A low count, but high quality.

Stogy likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks like a great event to be invited to. Some real interesting cars and the bikes look more interesting than most you see too.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Cool looking venue. Hope they can continue the show and grow it.

lothianwilly71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

We were asked to bring two cars and found the show to be a load of fun..... a lot of cool old school bikes .... new and old builds.
    Was really enjoyable.....

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jet96, Joe Troilo and droppedstepside like this.
  9. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vintage cars, Vintage bikes and Vintage Buildings make for a nice mix. Thanks @Shamus and the others for sharing the fun that went around...;)

11. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

I received an invite with my original paint 32 5 window. All the car and bike owners were great. Venue was perfect for such a show. Inside photos were a challenge. Great idea hope it continues.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Jet96 likes this.
  12. Too bad it wasn't a better turnout for the cars. Prism Supply and Dice Magazine hosted the show and correct me if I'm wrong, but the Rodder's Journal hand picked the cars in attendance. I looked like a good time. I believe the building was formerly owned by Ford in the 30s and they assembled T's and A's there.

Stogy likes this.
  13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That silver '33 sedan just reeks of perfection...

14. Its a cool show for sure. I was there last year with my roadster and it was a really great time. All the cars for the first one were picked from by the Iron Lords car club in Charlotte. Tried to go back this year, but they were looking for all new cars this year. Maybe next year I can head down with my 39 sedan.