Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bumperless cars & trucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Did she say “when pigs fly???

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

50 customcoupe likes this.
  2. Here's mine, I did have 34 Ford bumpers on it, for a while in the 1980's. But I thought they looked too rest o rod. They wouldn't have helped anyway sitting so low.:rolleyes: Ron..... 20170416_113110.jpg 20170414_154011.jpg

jnaki likes this.
  3. My son has a '54 Chevy and when we put the car together, when he was 14, we looked at taking the front bumper off. Ended up leaving it on because we could not figure out what to do to finish off the bottom of the grill area. I thought the bottom of grill and the area below the parking lights looked like a cow catcher on the front of a steam train engine. Maybe if you could get another upper grill bar and mount it below the grill it would clean it up... and look like an early Vette grill.

4. Around here it was done a lot to attach a tow bar and save weight.

Trespasser4.jpg

5. wicarnut

wicarnut

In the 60's, Milwaukee Wisconsin (50's cars) removing front bumper for "Racer look" with us kids was a common practice as was raising front, street slicks, etc. I did it with my 57 210 2 door sedan, but not on following cars, 56 Chev ragtop, 58 chev ragtop, both the 56/58 were more of a mild custom style. My kustom 60 Ford ragtop, no bumpers, a lot of kustom bodywork. I still see Tri 5 Chev in the street race style (no front bumper) and someone must have made a roll pan piece as I have seen several 55's with same style pan replacing front bumper.

chevy57dude likes this.
  6. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Only day she wasn’t wearing her front bumper, was the day we drug her out after hibernating since ‘04 IMG_1318.JPG

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

7. iphone pictures 276.JPG My '58 Impala coupe.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  8. Dasnake

Dasnake

Hello all, this is an older thread but I just found it, I was talking about flat black paint accents on cars and how when I was growing up anything needing cleanup, wheel wells, front ends etc we used flat paint, I tried to explain the fad of bumper removal and got a strange look, so I googled it and found this site and answers, my two cars that I did this to the was a ‘58 Chevy delray and a ‘65 Plymouth savoy, looks like a fun car site for an old guy, take care.

9. Dasnake

Dasnake

10. Yup, 50 Champion 4 Door.

11. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

A bumper just wouldn't look right here. Cars 106.JPG

Dasnake likes this.
  12. Dasnake

Dasnake

Ok I'm guessing here on the tail lights, 53 chev/pontiac? Can't place the headlights, i love inline idea rather than the angled look, very nice.

13. Dasnake

Dasnake

Mercman4life likes this.
  14. How are you going to put a front bumper on this?
    1-P5220021.JPG

Dasnake likes this.