Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Living room engines?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay.S, Apr 17, 2018.

1. My old Whizzer is in my kitchen,,,

Jay.S likes this.
  2. I completely rebuilt my old shovel head in the kitchen and back deck at the old house. Kinda stinky but cool as hell.

I used to park my other harley in the living room over the winter. Had super bowl parties and that was my seat. No stink

At my dads funeral he had his bike there next to the casket. He always said he wanted to be buried with it. That didnt stink bad but it was cleaned and drained. Smelled like fresh wax.

The37Kid and loudbang like this.
  3. In the late 70's a mate worked Diablo Motors in Sydney who regularly imported containers full of engines & parts from the US......I called in to see my mate one afternoon at his evening job as a chef and sitting in the bar area of the restaurant on a small stand was a complete Ford 255 Quad Cam Indy motor, complete down to all lock wired bolts, plugged injection trumpets and bundle of snakes exhaust back to the collectors.........he explained that it came in the last container and had already garnered an owner back in the US and was catching a plane the next week.......till then it was a conversation piece before dinner.........andyd.

hotrodharry2, The37Kid and loudbang like this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

I swapped a rough 1930's dirt track Sprint Car for a hand carved Cigar Store Indian, by my friend Pete Wing. DSCF7894.JPG Pete was a HAMB member, really liked the Cycle Car thread here, he died in a Morgan 3wheeler wreck, we miss him every day. Bob

Ron Funkhouser, wraymen and woodz like this.
  5. BJR

BJR

My whizzer isn't detachable, it goes where ever I go!:D

6. Then you don't know anything about a "Whizzer" motorbike

7. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

ok ill play

Attached Files:

8. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

...Beat me to it! :cool:

31hotrodguy likes this.
  9. j hansen

j hansen

Had this on the table for two years,until the bike was finished. Skärmavbild 2018-04-18 kl. 18.06.53.png

10. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

You beat me too it! Lol

Sent from my SM-G550T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. the37thstreet

the37thstreet

1940 Ford Cutaway, for the 1939 Worlds Fair. 007.JPG

Toner283, woodz, Bandit Billy and 2 others like this.
  12. 31hotrodsedan man

31hotrodsedan man

Its no engine but I did find a use for my old model A cluster

upload_2018-4-18_13-22-9.png

13. Don't keep it next to the Vienna Sausages!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  14. Does your wife have anything to say about you taking a Whizzer in the kitchen?

loudbang likes this.
  15. Not an engine but when I remarried 30 years ago I had two finished out and painted Model A rear fenders on my dining room table. After a brief discussion they were moved to the garage and wrapped with blankets until time to mount them.

16. JiiTee

JiiTee
    from Finland

17. Latigo

Latigo

You lose! Great wife!

18. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

There’s a bar in Appleton, Wisconsin that’s has a whole fire engine in the middle of serving area. That’s what the stack the bottles there. Partied there more than once. Bones

loudbang likes this.
  19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

20. All I got is car parts in the dish washer.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

22. BJR

BJR

It was a joke, I know exactly what a Whizzer is. Relax, it's the Hamb.

MMM1693 likes this.
  23. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

24. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

When I was married to my first wife, I rebuilt a 283 in the kitchen one paycheck at a time. Trust me, I heard about it everyday til it got paint and chrome.
    One day I came home early from work and she was dusting it watching a soap opera.

MMM1693 likes this.
  25. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

In the early 70s I had a 289 in pieces in the bedroom. Also in early 70s built a Ford toploader in the living room of mobile home. While stationed in England (83) and living in base housing, I built a Mini engine and gearbox in the dining room. When we moved up the street, the wife wouldn't let me bring it in the new place so I put it in my Mini. In years past when I didn't have a garage, I stored parts under the bed.
    Right now, I can see my new brake discs, etc. for OT truck sitting in the living room. They just came last week and haven't taken them out to garage yet. I used to tell the wife I had to keep the parts in the house due to condensation, etc. in the garage or shed. That doesn't work now since the garage has heat and a/c.
    I knew a guy that built his sbc in the living room of his mobile home, but had to take it back apart because he couldn't get it out the door.

26. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I used to keep my big tool box in the kitchen. When I moved in with the better half she had me build a garage, but she has a Lincoln Tail light mounted on the den wall, I hooked it up to light up with a wall switch. I consider her perfect except she bleeds blue, I bleed orange.

27. Not an engine, but my "wheel chair" is made entirely from Ford Model A parts.

chair 5.jpg

28. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I wired my CB750 project in the living room at my old house.

Now I keep my 59 VBA Vespa in the living room. Running driving scooter, but its just cooler in the house.

29. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the auto-parts-as-furniture aesthetic. Just as I like to customize my cars, I like to customize my house. In fact, as I write this there is a concrete crew at my house pouring new walkways and finishing my pool patio. I don't feel compelled to have a theme per-se to my home, though I am definitely a fan of mid-century modern and Scandinavian design, which is reflected in my choice of furniture and decor, not the style of my home itself. I think there are some real nice examples here of tasteful use of parts/engines as decor, as there is beauty in the mechanical nature of these items. But I think it can get kitschy and cheesy real quick. No different than having a sports team themed "man cave", which is another term that turns my stomach. There is nothing unmanly about having a beautifully decorated home.

If you hate the term "Man cave" as much as I do, or just want a good laugh and aren't a sissy to be offended, look up Jim Florentine's rant on Man Caves on youtube. It's worth a listen. When you're not in work or around small children.

lurker mick likes this.