Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Spring Carlisle 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Mar 29, 2018.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

It is right around the corner....4/18 to 4/22....looking for parts make sure you are there wed-thur-fri......Saturday seems to be a day for everybody to walk around with the wife and kids...boyfriend and girlfriend walking around holding hands...sales have really fallen off the last year or two on Saturdays....hambers stop by and say high....always happy to see old friends and to make new friends.... I will be in row H36-37-38...selling good clean stainless trim for cars 30's to 60's....some truck trim....kustom cars odds and ends....grilles ...and I carry interior stainless trim for door panels....pictures are from Spring 2017....whos all going???

Attached Files:

2. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Stan,
    Undecided about going....depends mostly on the weather, but nevertheless, I hope you have a successful event. If I go, I'll be sure to stop by and say hello.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. See you there, Stan! Hoping that the Northeast weather is good to us.

4. I am planning on being there on Friday looking forward to it Hobo Jim

5. I plan on being there one or more of those days. I will stop in to see you...I am looking for cowl trim and a grill insert for a 30 model A coupe

6. Vanness

Vanness

I’ll be there Friday. I’ll swing by and say hello. Stopped in and saw you in Allentown. I have to find that rear trim for the 55.

7. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

btt---all finished with inventory....will print out tonight....start loading camper on Thursday.....

Elcohaulic and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

I can't swing the time off work, but I'm looking for hood lip trim for a 1963 Fairlane. Any luck?

9. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Sorry, can not help you with that....

10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

do the hill first

11. ...................ain't that the truth!.........and wear comfortable shoes!:)

12. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Just to give everybody a heads -up...the north field was half empty in the fall....

13. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Looking for stainless front and rear windshield trim for a 47 Chevy. Kenny and I will stop by and say "Hi" on Friday! Ken bought those stainless spears, the thin ones, for his quarter panel scoop last year. I'm the Kopper Kart guy.

14. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

OK...all loaded up and ready to go...lousy weather for today....possible shower on Thursday, but otherwise it should be a good week...lows at night are going to be low 40's or high 30's....glad I got a good sleeping bag.....got a lot of new stuff to display....stop by and say Hi....all hambers welcomed.....

15. If you see this little rusty wagon say{ HI }:). I'll probably be sitting on it! :rolleyes: 2091.jpg

16. The Northeast weather continues to suck.
    Stay dry, Stan! Hope to make it there Thursday.

17. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Stan, looking for front fender trim/spears and rocker trim for 52 Dodge Wayfarer business coupe.
    Got anything?

18. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Ronnie,Our buddy Larry Bloss says "Hey!" Coming up to Cumberland for the RoundUp on Labor Day?
    Hope you find some good deals at Carlisle!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  19. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

Me and a couple friends have spaces NA 52 &53 and NB 52 & 53 (or it & 54s)... I'll have my Green trailer with HAMB badge. Only a few HAMB friendly parts... but mostly just stuff.

I'm setting up tomorrow afternoon and we be there Thursday to Saturday...
    Stop and say hi, I always have an extra chair or 3...
    Gregg
    20151213_122557.jpg

20. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Wednesday was setup day but many vendors were open and the chilly morning faded into a balmy, 53 degree, afternoon. We managed to find more than a few treasures at great prices. A surprising amount of vintage tin was available, with Model A parts the most common. Thursday dawned a nice day but later on it became blustery with scattered rain drops. Friday and Saturday look to be better. See the picture for the view from Mount Carlisle, or more commonly known as “The Hill”. Climbing it once a meet means you can continue to avoid your cardiologist!

Attached Files:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  21. I try never to miss the round up. Tell Larry and the Cumberland gang I said Hi.:) Its one of the best weekends of the year! I Didn't find too many deals. But I did made it to the mountain top.;) Lol Ronnie.....[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. i was camping off to the side of that hill during the truck nationals, a bunch of years ago, when some dope popped the catch on the tie downs holding his mini truck on his trailer. he was unloading on the side of the hill ,the trailer was facing straight down the hill, the mini truck was in neutral and it took off . it backed through a chain link fence and through the show field and crowd and stopped when it t-boned a beautiful Ford show truck. nobody was hurt but the show truck was totaled and the mini was............. mini-er.

23. Stan - Hope you get the crippled truck back OK. You guys were toughing it out this afternoon when I saw you. Windy day! 20 mph

24. I am heading out at 3:30 AM looking forward to the official start of Hot Rod Season! See you guys there Hobo Jim

25. noboD

noboD

I was there this AM, no one else was there.

26. long island vic

long island vic

Thursday 3 am, on the road 7 am, parked, in 4 hours, walked entire meet.. carried 55 nomad quarters from furthest? point too van... drove 4 more hours back home 3 pm asleep at 315pm

lothiandon1940 and Vanness like this.
  27. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

I’d call that a good day.