Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 25 T roadster gow job build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by olskool34, Sep 13, 2013.

1. olskool34

olskool34

It made it with flying colors! Drives really nice and we managed about 50mph on the way there. Got a little faster on the way home after I got more comfortable with how it drove. My brother took the 41, my wife drove my 29 coupe and I drove the T. Great day as usual. Pete, it was damn nice to finally meet you. Again thanks to rogi, couldn't have made it without you! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402175100.362011.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

DylanHill1931, Dannerr and gwhite like this.
  2. 2014-06-07 18.21.16.jpg FANTASTIC!!!! Congrats!!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    Outback and Dannerr like this.
  3. olskool34

olskool34

Ran it without a muffler too! Sounded great.

4. Rogi

Rogi

No problem bro. Any time! Good to see her on the road kickin up dust!

5. olskool34

olskool34

I saw a post on motor city garage where a guy said it was a stock stripped down model T, guess I fooled a few people!

[​IMG]

6. I saw a few pictures of this and the A on instagram over the weekend. Looks great

7. +1! The more I look at these early style gow-jobbers the more I want one. That thing is begging for a "police head" and a Winfield updraft (in due time hopefully :D)

Outback likes this.
  8. olskool34

olskool34

I am actually looking for a police head or a snyders high comp head, funny that you said that.

9. Have you checked out Charlie Yap's line of banger speed parts? He makes a killer cast iron high comp head. 6.5 to 1 I believe. The Lion Speed head. I had one but never got around to installing it cause I sold the speedster it was supposed to go on.

10. olskool34

olskool34

Buddy of mine took this pic and I think he nailed it. Thanks "Doc". ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1403751821.548882.jpg

11. olskool34

olskool34

On a sad but happy note the T is going to be starting a new chapter in it's life across the pond in England. The buyer is a hamber and I could not have wanted it to go to anybody else. He is a true die hard rodder who will give this little roadster what it deserves. Thanks again for all of you that followed along. Hopefully the story will keep on going.

12. Squablow

Squablow

A very cool car, glad it found a new owner who appreciates it.

13. Damn fine ride and dig the black n whites, totally cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!! JW:D

14. Let's hope so - we kinda like our four banger powered T's over here...

Outback likes this.
  15. tjm73

tjm73

Wow. Love this car. Nice job.

Only thing that could make it better is a stock flathead with two carbs. But that's purely a personal choice.

16. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

Good job on finishing your car. Turned out great! It's one of my main inspirations right now. I just dragged (packed on a plane ) a 25 roadster body from Eastern Washington .... to the Big Island of Hawaii. It's going on an A frame, B banger, tall wires etc. Thanks for posting your build. Very cool that she will be doing some traveling!

Outback likes this.
  17. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks guys, I hope to see it someday running at Pendine. That would just make my day!

18. Another lightweight T in my class - I'm going to have to up my game....

Outback likes this.
  19. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Just as I start mine yours is off to the UK! Sorry to hear you sold it. Your build is the manual for building mine. I am so pissed I didn't get a chance to see it in the real. Such a cool car, a real Gow Job!
    Cheers,
    Stewart

20. olskool34

olskool34

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410805278.017173.jpg

This is the last time I got to see her before her long journey over. The driver had me load her up because he was scared to do it. Be safe old girl.

21. touring20

touring20

very good attention to detail and follow through , loved to watch the build !
    Hope the new owner sends some photos also . Does any one have the Orignal touring to
    Roadster body conversion shots ???

22. BuildFan

BuildFan

BuildFan here from BuildThreads, Inc.

Congrats and nice work, olskool34 - this build thread was chosen as a Best Build Thread pick for this week. [​IMG] What this means is that a bunch of guys who like to build stuff (cars, trucks, 4x4s, bikes, cabins, boats, planes, garages), and have read a ton of build threads, thought that this build thread makes a valuable contribution to online DIY culture.

So, without further ado:
    [​IMG]

If you like build threads, you can see all our winners here: All Build Thread Trophy Winners. We also have 58 different builds listed from JalopyJournal.com on our FordBuilds.net build site, fully credited to all builders and to JalopyJournal.com. Hope we've been able to send you guys some good visitors.

And we give away our 50 Must Read Homemade Tools ebook for free to all winners and their forum. You can grab it at the link below. Congrats again and cheers! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HomemadeTools.net

23. What a great car, with an equally great build thread.
    It's PERFECT!
    Still in mourning over getting rid of my '27. This makes me want to get an early model and start over.

24. cretin

cretin

Not sure how I missed this thread before, but way cool.

25. olskool34

olskool34

Wow, I am honored for the build threads award. Thanks very much. I still keep in touch with the owner and he has ran it at 68 mph at Pendine. He drives it daily. It was sure s fun car.

Outback likes this.
  26. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

27. It ran 80 this year at Pendine....

Outback and Jet96 like this.
  28. olskool34

olskool34

Yeah I have been chatting back and forth with Peter. I am so grateful that I know him and we keep in touch.

I hope with the "B" in it and some tweaking he can hit 90! That car is part of me and is special. The fact that Peter told me that she is like an old friend humbles me.

Way to go Peter!

Current pic that Peter sent me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  29. There's only half a mile run up so 80 is impressive...

Outback likes this.
  30. 46stude

46stude

I was so excited to come across this thread earlier. Looking to build an early T roadster w a turtle deck. I would either run a stock T frame w A axles, or just drop the T on an A rolling chassis. Power would be a banger. This build was exactly what I wanted to see. Cool!

Start reading the thread, and.....

PICS ARE GONE!!!

Aaaaaarrgghhh

DylanHill1931 likes this.