Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Moderation Clarification... or a lack thereof...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I see a lot worse things here slide than bags and MII clips. I used to say something, but the negativity that followed was not worth it. I let the mods sort it out, that's why they get the big bucks... I vote that the mods all get a 25¢ raise... not per hour, just 25¢. :)

I see FNGs with newer cars here, they are oblivious to the cutoff dates and a lot more. The good point is that they do not stick around and maybe find another forum that fits what they do. Or try to do. Some haven't the slightest clue and are better off basket weaving.

Everyone else here is cool except for the 75 or so I have on ignore.

2. I never tangled with tequila,Jack Danial's whooped by arse without and help from all the others. HRP

3. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I could have bought three SBC crate motors and a rebuilt T-5 for what it cost me to build and maintain my 1931 A engine and 1939 Ford transmission in my avatar. The B with the original CRAGAR head is in my 1929 CCPU.

Traditional hot rodding isn’t cheap!
    7EFEECAB-5006-43E0-8CB1-2700CD173928.jpeg

4. Tequila... Tons of fun, right up to when the cops show up... :):eek:o_O

mkebaird likes this.
  5. As someone who has moderated boards over the years, many thanks to the moderators on the H.A.M.B.

It’s not an easy task and can lead to hair loss, drinking (more than the usual), and sometimes just plain sucks.

So, thanks again for your work!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. I don't pretend to know what a PITA it is to moderate this site so my observations and opinions very well may fall on deaf ears but since it is not a prerequisite to post a introduction how is the unwashed masses to know what the rules are.

They are hidden inside the New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here! title that 95 % of the people that sign up haven't read,don't know or have a clue unless one of the members informs them or their thread gets deleted because their cars are off limits.
    Again,I'm just offering something I think could help alleviate some of the miscommunication with newbies. HRP

7. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

Ok now show me 3 pre65 customs with them. there are alot of pre 65 engines and cars in genral that are not used

8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I’ve only been here 5 months and still can’t figure out some of the things here. Would like to join some of the “social forums” but only get a locked or private message. Bones

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

and your picture is a what year galixie

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- a good basic idea to slow people down with posting (include ad posting too) - but, I have been guilty of going to sites and clicking on the I agree box without ever reading what I have agreed to

x2

11. Looks like a '65 to me. HRP

Texas57 and mkebaird like this.
  12. You have to join social forums by clicking on the Social Forums Tools link right above the big black header bar and then join forum.

13. Ryan has posted tutorials on how to join the social groups. HRP

How to join

14. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I like the job the moderators do on spam around here.......bravo! Also it is my believe that posts that don't keep their photos active...red x's and such should be given 30 days notice to replace them or the thread is deleted.
    Good luck Ryan and crew.

15. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

I thougt it was a 66-67 but if im wrong i will stand corrected

16. ................................That's another thing. Ryan has written extremely detailed tutorials about just about every aspect of the forum, but do you think even half of the people who log on here take a few minutes to read 'em?!:mad:..........Heck no, it's just too easy to ask everyone how to do something instead of reading the appropriate tutorial.......And don't even get me started on the folks who only join the party to take advantage of the free classifieds.:mad: I would like to see everyone boycott anyone whose join date is the same day that they post their one and only post.......an ad!

17. I'll agree with that, although I'd allow a 'parts wanted' ad right out of the gate, but I think you should be a member for 30 days before you can post a 'for sale' ad.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From what I have seen over the years a big number of new posters with OT threads get here because they find us in a Google search looking for an answer to something that may be on topic. Then without doing their homework they post their OT question or about their OT project That quite obviously doesn't fit in here. I've given the link to the 67/72 truck board or the "we have a place for everybody" www.hotrodders.com sites to a lot of them over the years intending to send them on they way to a spot where their interests and project fit better.

As I said in another thread, as for my 48 I either won't do a build thread here or will only show the part that won't offend the moderators here. That is easy enough to do and makes life simple.

DoScoop likes this.
  19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I agree that the rules are effectively hidden in the intro section. by the look of most of the posts that get reported for being off topic, the original poster has not read the rules. Don't even get me started on large diameter billet wheels and rubber band tires. I have deleted dozens of the same pic by one person because of off topic wheels. I think that if everyone had to read and sign off on the rules before posting things would be far better....

20. Personally I think the way this forum has been Moderated up to this point has been fantastic. If it's obviously off topic or if a build thread has two pages on an IFS install it doesn't belong and gets closed or edited, if off topic stuff is kind of background noise to the thread and it is not being mentioned it kind of gets a pass.

Who would want a thread like this shit canned because of the T-5 being used?
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-john-mearns-32-coupe.981885/

21. i don’t have to that’s not in the rule book
    They existed like radial tires, front wheel drive US built cars, disc brakes and fuel injection in the pre 65 world
    Hydro suspension is as trad as an SBC as well
    The mods do the picking and choosing and are the last say on trad here
    They do a very good job

22. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

350 Chevy engines, mustang II front ends, T-5 trans should be banned,, Oh, wait a minute, I've had them all.. Never mind....

47ragtop, DoScoop, aerocolor and 5 others like this.
  23. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don, you are killing that grumpy old man attitude.....................Good Job !!!!!

24. Deuces

Deuces

More milage out of a hot rod means more fun... With a T5...

DoScoop, dirty old man and Montana1 like this.
  25. ebfabman

ebfabman

IMG_5578-1.jpg View attachment 3865505 I know my car doesn't fit this forum and mods like the wheel opening I've added aren't traditional so I've deleted most of my old post. I like coming here to see all types of builds. Hope things don't change much. But when a door closes usually another opens. Such is life...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  26. ebfabman

ebfabman

27. I'm 53. I fall right into the era of the time period specified here, up to mid '60's cut-off('64) and into mid to late '70's, as my main interest. I was 8-10 years old & was given a Big box of '50's/early'60's mags like: Speed Age, R&C, Hot Rod, CarCraft, etc. Not long after I found another big box, at a yard sale full of late '60's/mid '70's mags like Cars,SS&DI, Rod Action,etc. What I mean is I understand the difference in these era's and respect what is going on here, even though I have varied interests. The world is sadly evolving into a dis-respecting 'me, me, me' type of deal. I'm glad I'm my age and maybe a 'youngie' on here. Late model cars are back in late '80's to me....weird? maybe - but I don't worry about it.

egads and Ned Ludd like this.
  28. If we didn't have IFS, how would all of us dinosaurs with bad backs, etc drive our cars?
    Most "Turkey" threads started up by a FNG (Hi, my names BoB and I wanna build a pick up with a 500 CI motor, with barbed wire steering wheel and a skull-shaped indoor shithouse, what ECU do I need to run my '98 chevy motor?) get shot down in flames by others anyway (and so they should), and they go away. I reckon if you listed all the people on this forum, with the number of posts, a big majority would have less than 10, because by the time they have asked a couple of "dumb" questions, they probably get the hint and think "these guys are a bunch of pricks!". Carry on, Pricks!

29. Can we just stop with the BULLSHIT argument that airbags are traditional? I don't care if Ed Roth or Hanny Hornafeen or whoever did a one off back in the day. 99.999999% of people back then didn't use them or never heard of them. Stop. You're being stupid.

TagMan likes this.
  30. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Air bags are all right if you don`t lower your car on the ground, Literally. The factory suspensions didn't allow you to this. They were more for road handling. Going around corners at high speeds and for carrying extra weight and still having a good ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.