Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical OK - Fellas - A update on Moderating

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corncobcoupe, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Some long time build posts turned away from HAMB Traditional to the Mustang IFS and or Bags route.

Because of that, some newer members think it's ok and get the impression that members want IFS and Bags.

It's not ok.

The long time build posts that went way of Mustang IFS and or Bags will be closed.
    Closed just means it is not open to further replies.

Brand new - new posts will get deleted as it is not pre 65 HAMB ERA Traditional.

Thanks,

mr57, bobwop, slim38 and 12 others like this.
  2. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Ed Roth'sBeatnik Bandit has IFS.
    So no more of his cars on here?

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Mustang II IFS and or Bags

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. wvenfield

wvenfield

I started to rag on him also but in the end, I knew what he was talking about.

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

hey, rules are rules. Now we are all on the same page.

Texas Webb and Okie Pete like this.
  6. KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps

t-.-t
    Guess my thread will be going then. I best go and save the html files for each page. bit of a personal diary of sorts I guess.
    Was going to also use an electric fan. Guess thats not HAMB thinking about it.
    Sorry fellas I really didnt mean to upset anyone.

to those that gave your advice and input - thanks much appreicated.
    to those who messaged asking for more info, pics, measurements etc. Hope it helped. Was one of the main reasons I started posting.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I closed those older posts only - some 4-5 years old.
    I didn't delete them.

Closing only means not open to further replies.

Bam.inc likes this.
  8. Mirko 73

Mirko 73
    from Roma

Good morning, Mirko from Italy for my post, 1949 Cadillac custom.
    i don't use mustang 2 but original sistem. So, if this is the line that HAMB forum think is correct, please delete all discussion. Thanks

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hi Mirko,,

Bags is not HAMB Traditional....

flatheadpete and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Mirko 73

Mirko 73
    from Roma

Hi, Delete all conversation, thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

11. Deuces

Deuces

Kinda pushing it a little too much on those steel or glass bodies.... Really???? :rolleyes:

quick85 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see the no IFS on pre fat fender cars simply because they look rather cluttered on the car no matter how well it drives. I'm not a fan of bagged cars set up to lay frame as I can never figure out why guys think a car is cool laying in the dirt with the front wheels cocked sideways.
    As far as build threads go, discretion on certain points or accessories and convenience/comfort items may be the best way anyhow.
    My truck will have independent but then again the Dream truck had independent in 54. I want to do some serious cross country road trips and not be so frigging tired when I get where I am gong that I am a royal pain in the ass. I already have my I beam cross country creds in spades.

13. Mirko 73

Mirko 73
    from Roma

These are the decisions made by people who have never faced a serious custom project, who do not even know how to hold a key. I'm only sorry for being an alliance member for a few years. what a disappointment

14. Aren't you kind of throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Yeah, Mirko's Caddy has bags but also has some superlative body work going on that didn't look non-traditional to me. I know when I moderated on another site, if there was a problem I'd contact the poster and ask them to delete the offending material rather than just trashing the whole thread. Most posters would cooperate when it was explained. Sometimes enthusiasm will get the better of common sense.

And I can think of multiple other builds (very popular ones at that, one that even got national attention) here that had 'non traditional' components on them yet were very traditional looking when completed. A few even got kind words from Ryan...

15. Mirko 73

Mirko 73
    from Roma

This is anarchy.

Hot Rod Grampa likes this.
  16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. VonWegener

VonWegener

But threads where Ryan discusses what $70k Ford Truck to buy are OK because it is for the safety of the family....
    How about the "traditional" rich guys that have $30K aftermarket 3-window bodies massaged in thread after thread. 700r, T5s, fiberglass bodies and on and on but a custom car where you cannot see the chassis anyways offends the "traditional sensibilities"
    I don't know. You guys have to either rewrite the manifesto or start to seriously cull threads.

18. While I'm personally not a fan of bags (which has nothing to do with them being 'traditional' or not), the solution here would be for some enterprising member to open a 'social forum' for them. That's where a lot of the dirty laundry is currently hidden....

19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Well , first Ryan is the boss . Second, I personally come on here for the tech., the inspiration of the old school ways and love the ease working of vehicles from 1965 and ba:Dck. Old school rules:cool: What the hamb is about tradition and customs rock me

20. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

And to keep ranting and raving up lol , there are plenty of other sites for the latest and greatest tech. ;)

21. KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps

Mirko did some great work. pages and pages of it. That guy has been posting some pretty good metal work since 2014 on that thread. im sure many people have got some great ideas from his progress. Be a shame not to see it completed.

like is mentioned above people come for the Tech. And he has shown a good level of it. Like wise I have been PMed many times for advice on Hudsons a brand you dont see often due to my thread.

You got Lord Of Customs thread here (dudes I totally dig I will add) that Ryan has green lighted. Those dudes are not always hamb at all. Did a similar Hudson to mine.

My year and only three pages of build thread im nearing finishing under the car but had like plans for traditional styled metal body work as Mirko. I accept I used MII (had valid reasons for it) and the thread breaches the rules so has been locked.

But really I think if you are going to tighten up on the rules then message the person before hand so they can either alter the build to suit the site or to at least talk over why they may of done it.

If you are going to kill threads for bags and IFS then do it right and ban threads with electric fans.

I think if the work is done to a high standard, safe and shows foresight and has reasons for breaches in the rules then contact the poster to discuss.

Maybe make it so two mods need to close a Build thread. Or flag it for the boss to review.

22. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Build your car the way you want. If you have something to share that is pertinent to the pre-65 cut off, then do so. You should try to keep any modern stuff out of your posts. Is that hard to understand?

I'm finding the vagina comment hilarious given who is showing theirs.

Felix 40, 117harv, bobwop and 6 others like this.
  23. Choppermikko

Choppermikko

I will post pics of my build on instagram for those who want to see the build completed..

24. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

I'll agree some of the OT bits on builds have been getting a bit out of control from a HAMB rules perspective.

But locking a thread that has great sheetmetal work(Pure Art!) should not be. Get those threads cleaned up with the OT stuff but let the customization continue.

I could be biased as it seems the 53/54 Chevy guys seem to be the current front line cannon fodder.

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not an easy night here. I am aware although I have not visited the many social forums on the Hamb.

Is there a chance the fellas who have vested so much of their time here sharing so much and made many friends and others who follow including myself that they could (while the threads here are stopped in the three main forums) have their threads ported to a social forum where they can continue as they were.

Are Hamb Social forums run under the same rules or are deviations allowed. This way they could continue with their builds and those that want to follow may do so leaving the main forums free of topics not satisfactory to the guidelines.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    RockinRivi, chryslerfan55 and ABONES like this.
  26. I don't normally disagree with how the Mods run the forum. I totally get the MII and bags are a no, no. But I have to say I am disappointed Mirko's build was closed, it does have bags yes, but can't you ask him to remove the offending pics and reopen? This way one of the best custom builds on the HAMB stays open and up to date.

27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Pretty big difference between modern air bags and the helper bags inside the coil springs on the Ala kart and Roths outlaw.

28. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

No, anarchy is what we (members and posters) are being accused of......there is another term for one man rule.

This forum consists of two major components......the supporting structure of the site and the membership that provides the content.

Both are necessary to support it’s existence and relevance.

The sheer numbers of participants, the majority of whom are highly individualized people, though they share a generally common interest, inevitably creates some divergence of ideas and methods.

The insistence of super strict content purity creates more problems than it solves and most certainly produces unfair and contradictory judgements about what is okay and what isn’t.

However, this is neither a democracy nor a republic.....the only vote members have at our disposal,
    if sufficiently displeased with the ruling class, is to vote with our feet.

For me, it is a sad beginning to this day to find this controversy, again, on the H.A.M.B.

Ray

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  29. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

I think one of the mods, or Ryan has a 5 speed in one of his cars. Whatever. I agree with what some have said here, just notify the poster and then "cull" the thread to get rid of the offending stuff but leave the good stuff.

30. iamq

iamq
    from Ma

Going to be deleting lots of pics of customs that are in the weeds??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.