Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What to know about 1926 Chrysler 4 banger ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Burkedore, Jun 4, 2017.

1. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Are you kidding me? Some people have lavished love on them.

3. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

I know you have, but the general public treats them like they carry the pox.

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

If the transmission is like my 1926 dodge, the shift pattern is weird. Second and third are where you think reverse and low should
    Be.

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Well they should. Don't know about the transmissions. But the engine is a very nice piece.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  6. I realize this is an old post but it just popped up while doing some research. The early Chrysler four cylinder engines are completely different than the Plymouth or Dodge Brothers four bangers. The 186 CI early Chrysler engines are actually a carry over from Maxwell. I have a complete 1927 Chrysler chassis and running gear if this project is still active.

Stogy likes this.
  7. Burkedore

Burkedore

I am indeed still working on the project. Unfortunately I don't have any real progress to share, work and my beautiful wife seem to keep getting in the way.

Stogy likes this.
  8. Are you interested in the chassis, engine and transmission? I'd make you a killer deal.

9. Imperial Kansas

Imperial Kansas

MoparMontana do you still have a good distributor housing on the 27 Chrysler engine? Where could I find a repro in steel or aluminum? Crumbly is not good for keeping time...