Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where's the best place to post questions on turbo information?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thebeebe5, Apr 9, 2018.

1. thebeebe5

thebeebe5
    from Surprise

Hi, all. Basically a complete freshie here, and not wanting to piss anyone off, and would like to post questions in the most appropriate place. I am finishing a build for my '37 Plymouth 201 flathead and want to add a turbo for a little omph and a touch of wow factor. I have limited knowledge from recent 'net reading. Think I know what I want but would like some confirmation and a place to actually find said unit. Local store in PHX sells only really high end, high output turbos and I really want something small for low RPM boost since this flathead is no dragster and doesn't want to be.
    Can his be discussed here?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This isn't quite a turbo place. But, when I put turbos on my GMC. I used Corvair turbos. That was what was in junkyards at the time. My friend Jack Costella uses turbos from 2.2 Chrysler products. Because that was what was in junkyards when he was looking. Do you see a thread here? If you can look in junkyards where you live, I would look for a turbo from a 3 or 3.5 liter car that spins smoothly The only bad part is newer turbos are all blow through. So that's what you will need to deal with..Granted Jack and I weren't to scientific. But we got a lot of records between us. Mostly Jack.

4. thebeebe5

thebeebe5
    from Surprise

Okay, thanks fellows. I checked out the turbo forum. Lost as usual... Lots of reading to do to get a grip on it all.
    and I'll probably hit some junkyards at some point. Definitely appreciate the steering. Didn't figure a lot of turbo talk around here. .... if i could find a period correct supercharger I'd probably consider it, but I don't have one.