Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration H.A.M.B auction LEAD WORK starter kit with instructions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by snopeks garage, Apr 3, 2018.

1. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

IMG_20180327_070055_419.jpg Here's my chance to give back to a site that gave me so much. Auction will end April 10th @5:30pm

As a painter, fabricator, and builder I picked up lead work many years ago and I feel with it being a dieing art it's my duty to pass it on to others like it was passed on to me so I put together thease lead starter kits to teach it to you on your free time.

Introduceing my LEAD STARTER KIT 100% made in USA! All of thease products I use on all of my lead work. Included is 1lb of "the secret formula" tinning compound, 10 sticks of detroit made 70-30 lead bars, 1lb of local bee keeper raw ultra filtered bees wax, 2 brushes, cotton towels. And my beginner how to instructions with pictures!
    20180331_114951.jpg 20180331_115234.jpg
    You know the drill once Ryan revives the winning biders payment I'll ship it out to you. Due to the weight I will ONLY SHIP IN USA. Thease sell for $200 but lets START THE BID AT $1

2. I have a feeling that the lead slinger himself is smiling at you right now.RIP Bill Hines.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Vanness

Vanness

I’ll start at 25 to get that ball rolling.

chryslerfan55 and snopeks garage like this.
  4. chryslerfan55 and snopeks garage like this.

5. Hey Straight30weight I’ll go 50 and we can meet in the middle around Mont Morris and share it! Hobo Jim

snopeks garage and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. snopeks garage and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Vanness

Vanness

Or come to my place over the border and use it on my projects...

snopeks garage and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Now we’re getting there we can learn on yours!

snopeks garage and Vanness like this.
  9. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

10. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

$125.00
    Let's keep this in NY

11. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

$150.00 Ok, NY how bad do you want it

12. I’m out enjoy Texas!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

14. atch

atch

I have no desire to do any body work; be it lead, plastic, metal finish or anything else.

But this reply will bring this worthy thread back to the top.

snopeks garage likes this.
  15. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

can we get this pinned or a sticky? Or whatever you call it. Keep the bids comming its a great kit going to a greater cause!

16. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

17. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Along the same lines, but I know absolutely NOTHING about using lead in body work, but on another site, it was stated that getting lead for bodywork now is difficult and expensive. Well, I have 77 lbs. of lead ingots formerly used as ballast back in my drag racing days. And I have no use for the stuff anymore. Someone, somewhat local to me, need some lead for a fair price? Just use the PM function. IF this post is't allowed here, then it can be canned without prejudice.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

loudbang likes this.
  18. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

Thease lead bars are 70/30 bars %70lead %30tin mix...also engets won't work they need to be in thin sticks.

19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I understand the need for having "thin sticks"; that's what was talked about on the other site. But, the guy made his own sticks with re-cycled wheel weights, that he found most were no longer lead but zinc, so he had to sort through a lot of wheel weights to find all the lead ones.. Melt the lead down and pour into into whatever shape is needed, which is what was done. Years ago, I melted down lead from wheel weights, fishing sinkers, whatever I could get my hands on, to make bar weights for the old FED front axle. About the only time I've ever used a Bar-B-Q. Just trying to be helpful, like you were. I am Butch/56sedanandelivery.

20. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Wheel weights get used for everythang, but they are an alloy, not pure lead. Usually containing antimony and (I dunno...) maybe not so great for this purpose. May be too hard. Makes for hard, oversize bullets when cast ( for example) Maybe they work great, but that's not the way to bet. What did Bill Hines say?

Different alloys of different materials react completely different. 60/40 tin was used for solder, 63/37 is "eutectic" etc.

21. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

" 10 sticks of detroit made 70-30 lead bar "
    Were these the drinking water pipes that made the news? o_O

36 ROKIT and snopeks garage like this.
  22. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

ha no but that happened 45min from me. The water is still not safe to drink without a filter.. pretty messed up situation!

23. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

We're at $175 so far... let's keep bidding guys!

24. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

Auction ends today at 5:30pm!

25. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

thanks! You are the winning bidder contact Ryan for pay pal info and as soon as he revives it message me your address and I'll ship it out... thanks again man

26. No those would be Flint bars. :D

I would throw out a stupid high number to get the bid up but someone would tell me to put up or shut up and then I would have to sell plasma for a year to come up with the cash.

Good deal here fellas if you really want to learn you got to start with the tools.

@snopeks garage good on ya man. :cool:

27. MIKE STEWART

MIKE STEWART

I have an interest in lead body work. I have my Dad's 1939 Ford with lead body work and lacquer paint from 1970. The paint is lifting off the lead in some places - wonder what caused this? Not neutralized from the tinning process? or is this a long term problem with lead body filler? This is my fear of trying lead filler.
    rob 39 hood.jpg

28. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

It could be one of a lot of things... that's why I give specific detailed instructions with the kit. A proven method for over 60 years that works.. my 78 year old boss at the shop has been leading since he was a kid in his uncle's body shop. That's who tought me years ago

MIKE STEWART likes this.
  29. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

Can we buy just a copy of the instruction?
    Thanks, Bruce/CT

30. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

yup there $200 and you get the lead supplys free with that

J. A. Miller likes this.