Register now to get rid of these ads!

History So it's been a while my friends..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Germ, Apr 8, 2018.

1. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Strength is in numbers and there is a large number of people here glad to have you back Keep yourself busy that mercury will do it !

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. What Danny sez goes for me also. Welcome back . Missed your wild posts.

3. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Congrats and welcome back Germ.

4. Never forget where you came from but never return to it. Welcome back and keep looking up.

chryslerfan55, belair and Thor1 like this.
  5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Germ, you and I don't know each other, but I came here relatively late... after some had already made names for themselves here... including you.
    I've read some of your posts and you struck me as being a little out of control. To be completely honest, you kinda scared me a little bit. But you don't sound like that now, and I'm not scared at all...lol.
    Everybody here has a story. I haven't been around here for about 4 years since I lost my wife. I don't want to make this discussion about me... I'm just using it to make the point that you're not the only one that's had to deal with some things and then managed to find their way back here... to their hot rod family.
    Congratulations, Germ... on being able to deal with things. And a heartfelt welcome back!

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. belair

belair

Glad you're still on top of the dirt. You never pissed me off, but you did make me scratch my head a few times. Really glad you got on top some things and got rid of some others. Glad for you.

7. jdubbya

jdubbya

I'm not one to post much anymore, but after getting a heads up that Germ was back, kinda made my day. I look forward to seeing your future build, and checking out your auction goods.

8. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Weird... "Civil Rights Caddy" popped into my head at the Roundup... Hadn't thought about all that in years.
    Gald you're still above ground and kickin... All you can hope for.

9. Good to meet you, man.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Germ

Germ

The "Civil Rights Caddy" was taken from my possession by someone that I thought was my friend.
    It was 1961 Coupe Deville.
    Those guys were only around me for the hand outs, the drugs, the parties, and the drama..
    You begin to figure out who your friends really are when you end up on a journey that is out of touch and out of control.
    Lots of guys were down back in those days but I never had limits. I was an idiot and I lost touch of reality.
    On my end for the thousands and thousands of dollars of speed parts I sold, I only shorted one guy here.
    I let some idiot run my T-shirt business so I could concentrate on my illegal sales.
    When I was in trouble and away for a while some T-shirts were never sent out to a guy.
    I have that fellas name but he hasn't replied to my messages. I hope someday to square up.

Other than that drama, I'm doing good as a pipewelder/fitter and I get to use my fabrication knowledge on building conveyor systems..
    It's paying the bills.
    -germ

11. RMONTY

RMONTY

There is nothing like being able to stand tall after being out of control, being in the void, fucking up and fucking over people, hitting rock bottom, realizing it, and then clawing your way back to the surface. Once the pendulum starts swinging up from the bottom, the trick is to have a big assed magnet at the top to hold you there once you reach the top. That magnet could be a career, could be kids and loved ones, could be a lot of things, but the top is out there for everyone. Been in some tight spots myself a couple of times, learned a lot and can now stand tall. Read a lot of your old posts in my couple of years here. Carry on, and only look back to say you aren't going back. Good on ya!

12. Keep your head up and try to do right.

6inarow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Welcome home Germ. Glad to hear you've got it together!
    Some of your old posts were epic! I hope your sense of humor is still there.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Germ.Welcome back.Outstanding news Sir.Please keep us updated on your build as you are able
    God bless Ya.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

15. Welcome back. Glad to hear you are recovering and good luck also with the Merc.

16. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always wondered where you went. It was definitely a different place on the HAMB back then. Welcome back.

17. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Best of Luck to you.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well congratufuckinglations.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    chryslerfan55, 6inarow and 100% Matt like this.
  19. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Germ, doesn't matter about then. This is now, ain't no perfect people. Your still one of us. Welcome back. Now get back to the cars. Lippy ;)

20. Props on getting clean, this drug shit is out of control. A week ago one of my guys od’d right at work, stopped breathing, the whole shit. Luckily we got paramedics to him and they hit him with the narcan and brought him back. Cop said it wasn’t his first time.....

Two days later they find my daughters father (yes technically my step daughter but fuck that, she’s my daughter) dead of an overdose. He died on a Tuesday and wasn’t found til Saturday. This shit is no joke......

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

GERM! WELCOME BACK!! Not only back to the HAMB, but back from what sounds like the hell you went through. Addiction is horrible, and I am sure that you know all about relapse, etc. since it sounds like you've done some time in rehab. There is a simple question that I use when I'm occasionally tempted to do some of the plants, fungi or recreational pharmaceuticals I used to indulge in, and that is to challenge my thoughts when an urge arises and ask myself, “Is this really what I want to do?” Anyone that is on the right side of beating addiction will always answer "NO", and wait out the urge, or remove themselves from the situation where the temptation is. Hang in there, and live well!

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Perfect title for this thread.
    With that being said, I have to say, that the life you once had is in the rear view mirror.

I lost a brother to “stuff” that his so called “friends” turned him onto. He would have been here too if he made it. His life was really cut short and he left a 5 yr. old daughter.

Those so called friends came by after he died to get their shit, they’re f*ckheads!!!!! They’ve evaporated never to be seen again......at least by me.....

You have a new chance at life to use the talents that you’ve developed and provide a positive environment for your young family.
    Welcome back Germ!!!!!!!!!!!

23. What doesn't kill you, might land you in jail, or rehab, or....

chryslerfan55, D-Russ and Hnstray like this.
  24. Roadsir

Roadsir

.....Man, quite the journey indeed Germ, fortunate to be amongst the living. Get that Merc project moving and let's see some pics. I hope I can help!

25. 40ford

40ford
    from Duluth, GA

Welcome back and congrats on your recovery.

26. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

You have a lot of real friends. write, create, be.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  27. vintage_mpg

vintage_mpg

Hey, sounds like you've got passion that we can all benefit from. Welcome back!

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. 41GASSER

41GASSER

Except bear attacks. They leave you crippled.

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, raven, D-Russ and 3 others like this.
  29. tred

tred

wow! i was just talking about you with king buzzo about a month ago. say his name and he appears!
    welcome back my man! you have been missed!

30. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I am hating on Socal too... But the money is here and I have 2 families to support. Someday, I hope to find a way to retire into building cars full time again. But just for me... No more customers.

I owned a Restoration shop in San Diego for over 10 years. I ate a lot and drank alot too. I rewarded myself by becoming Diabetic from my old ways. I ended up divorcing a horrible trophy wife and went solo for 2 years, sobered up, lost 100 Lbs, and have to watch my health closely now(I hope your body did better than mine did).

But... I finally meet a great gal, about 6 years ago, closed the Automotive Business, and got into something new to earn$$$. My new wife and family made me realize that I made the right choice. I have 7 more years of court battles with my crazy ex, but hopefully I will prevail and not let her get to me.

The day I can leave this place for good will be my happiest day ever! We have a home in Kansas waiting for us.

It sounds like you and I are doing better. I think that you righting your wrongs is amazing. It's not easy I would guess, fortunately I never screwed anyone... Thank God! You have brought me some hope that some people can change. I needed to read this topic to prevent losing faith in humanity. Thank you Germ for making a comeback. I hope that others will read this and get inspired too.

I am going to shut up, and put my tools away... Trying to fix my mother in law's cursed non idling CR-V... I got to get up in 4 hours for work... Sigh

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Outback, chryslerfan55 and D-Russ like this.