Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Oldsmobile chopped by Barris in Faribault, MN March 1965

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ImForwardlook, Apr 9, 2018.

1. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

Tony Hansons dads chopped Olds March 1965 02.jpg Tony Hansons dads chopped Olds March 1965 01.jpg A friend of mine just found this incredibly cool photo of a car his father used to own back in the day. It was reportedly bought new by a local guy who then proceeded to send it to California for work at the Barris shop and then to Mexico for a new interior.

A local guy remembers; "I remember this chopped Oldsmobile quite going down central ave. in Faribault. Harvey with a girl sitting really close to him and Harvey smiling and looking cool .We were in aw of seeing a chopped car in our little town .

Harvey was ahead of the curve when it came to cool rides." Tony Hansons dads chopped Olds March 1965 01.jpg

It would be nice to hear if someone recognizes this car and what became of it? Pics would be awesome of course, this is the only one there is.

2. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahhhh...back when the upper midwest (Minnesota and Wisconsin) used to get "real" snowfall in the winters here.

That is a nice looking Olds. It would be great to see some more/better pictures.

3. i live in a town about 15 miles from Faribault , but being born in 1953 didn't get around there much in the 50/60's. what is Harvey's last name? i know a few people there now , maybe i could ask around

4. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

I reckon there is no harm done sharing it...it is Hanson.