Register now to get rid of these ads!

History So it's been a while my friends..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Germ, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Kustomman#1

Kustomman#1

Welcome back to the light..... It's hard to stay in it. but your HAMB family will be right here to give help when you ask. P.S. I also have a 41 Mercury and if you need anything just drop me a line.

2. Don't know you or even ever heard of you but know this with the above quote which is true.

Once an addict, always an addict. It will not be easy to stay on the right side of the tracks as you well know. Almost seven years clean now and the rest of your life ahead of you. Be proud of your life, even the past because it is who you are. Stay clean my new friend and live your new life to the fullest. Talk with someone who was in your shoes and is also clean, they can help you.

chryslerfan55 and zzford like this.
  3. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Welcome back. It's great to see that you are getting your life in order. Good luck

chryslerfan55, 6inarow and zzford like this.
  4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Welcome back , your humor was priceless

6inarow, Unkl Ian and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. Germ

Germ

I know my place on this forum is car related stuff.
    With that, I will remain humble.
    I was in the Psych ward 2010 during Christmas. It's all a blur but my only support units were people trying to give me more drugs for the keys to my storage units..
    I did a long stint and then another year and a half in a treatment center..
    This place taught me how to reevaluate my life. I don't want high fives. I still write but the direction has been about the darkness I lived for pushing 20 years.
    I also have an original 1967 Triumph Chopper that was built in the 70's. Dual carbs and all that jazz.
    Still interested in Early-Mid Hemis.
    Intakes, etc.
    I have a bunch of traditional hop up stuff that will be going up on my auction page soon.
    My ebay ID is losershero

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  6. 63Compact

63Compact

Nice to see ya back Germ. Look forward to hearing more from you.

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

i don't know the last time i logged in, but imagine my surprise to see a front page post from germ.

good job!

8. Some of us missed you, glad you are getting your shit together.

9. gene-koning

gene-koning

There are a lot of the guys that have been around for a while that now have different HAMB names (like me) that remember your old posts.
    It good to see you back and hear you have made positive changes in your life. We are looking forward to see new posts as you work on your car, and get re-connected with the board. Gene

Outback and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always felt that there was a good man under the tortured facade . Glad you made it out OK. You may not remember but you were one of the first people to welcome me to the HAMB. I have always appreciated that. Welcome back!

chryslerfan55 and Germ like this.
  11. Welcome back! Always enjoyed the HST like writings. Glad to hear you're liking yourself now.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. I haven’t been around as long as these guys. It looks like you’ve got a huge support group - good for you! I look forward to the Merc build.

13. Great to see you back. You wandered off from here not long after I joined in 99 I think, so i missed a lot of your content.
    Whenever someone started athread about, whatever happened too.... Hambers would always talk about you, and how much they missed your writing.
    Look forward to watching you play with that ol car.

14. Never2low

Never2low

"Orca Betties" still kills me.:D

Glad to see ya back and moving in a positive direction!
    Looking forward to the build!

15. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Welcome back Germ,

glad to see that you've turned your life around, be it doing it with a lot of heartache and loss - at least you got there.

Political correctness is alive and well, so the "New GERM" sounds like you'll fit straight back in here.

good luck to to for your personal and hot rod futures, you're a welcome addition to the "family"

16. brady1929

brady1929

Welcome back and good luck.

17. silent rick

silent rick

sometimes i think about those days,,,,,,,,

all i have to do is look around to see what i have now to see i'm in better times. good on you for making the changes.

chryslerfan55 and leon bee like this.
  18. Glad you're here,

What's the plan for the Merc?

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

glad you are at a place of peace and calm.

I can sense the change

best wishes

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Great to hear you got your things in order. Will hold ya up in prayer.

Looking forward to seeing progress on the Merc.

21. Welcome back, Germ. You've been missed. Stay healthy in body and mind. We're here for you.

22. unklgriz

unklgriz

Welcome back my friend. I was told once by a very dear friend of mine, "If you don't go through the fire, how do you think you are going to relate to someone that is going through it" May your walk from the fire into the light be as eye opening and precious as you have ever known. The rewards are priceless. Godspeed my friend!

Larry

Outback, chryslerfan55 and raven like this.
  23. Welcome back! Some of us never find our way. Glad you did.

6inarow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. zzford

zzford

Congratulations on your rebirth. May you remain clean, sober , productive and happy in the coming years! God bless you.

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Damn. GERM! So glad to read your'e doing well. I'm proud of you man!

chryslerfan55 and 6inarow like this.
  26. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Germ,

Welcome back brother. It sounds like you have been traveling a hard road...but at least you are moving forward. I am glad you stopped by and I hope you will stay a while.

Thor

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Born again, as it were!
    Your opening post says so much about your transformation. Clear, coherent, humble, optimistic.
    Welcome back, and congratulations on your recovery and the past seven years of your new life.

chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

You were one of the HAMB posters I always looked for...for your long strange trips into...well, anywhere you were...!!! Glad to hear you've won the battle and the war as others have not...Looking forward to your posts again...

R-

Outback and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. Congrats on recovery. Lots of folks don't make it that far. You have been blessed and I am beyond happy for you. :)

30. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome back! Best to you man!