Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Can anybody near New Rochelle help me with a relay? EDIT: I GOT THE PARTS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Apr 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Abomination

Abomination

EDIT: Thanks to whateverit takes for the relay - I got the parts!

Howdy!

Hey, I know this is real stupid, but can anybody in New Rochelle help me out, here?

I have an OT 70s bike that I desperately need side covers for, because a guy that owes me a paint job is painting my bike, and I don't have any!

This guy in New Rochelle off North Avenue & Union Street has had one of the only sets I can find for sale for months, but he won't let me PayPal him and put them in a couple of padded envelopes (or a box) and send them to Kansas City.

I'm pretty desperate. If anybody in the area could do a fella a solid, I'd gladly pay you for your time if I would get somebody to pick them up and mail them for me, which I'd pay for, too.

Please don't delete me, guys - I'm really super-desperate, here. Did I mention I was desperate?

https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mpo/d/honda-cm400t-side-covers/6523202916.html

PM me - you New York guys are my last hope. I crawled through 3 refrigerator boxes full of side covers locally, and didn't find a one.

~Jason

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. too far for me but I will put this at the top for the morning gang

3. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why on earth wouldn't the seller accept a US Postal money order for the purchase and shipping. Its as good as cash and if he screws you he has to deal with the US govt for fraud. I have done this many times and have never had a problem. Would sure make it simpler for you.

4. slowmotion

slowmotion

Sounds like the guy doesn't care if he sells them or not. In his perfect world the next-door neighbor would want them. Ain't gonna happen, good luck.
    edit to add: You could try bumping it up a little if he would agree to ship ($75?). You did say you were desperate.

5. Abomination

Abomination

Thanks for the bump, guys!

Hopefully, somebody can help me out, here.

~Jason

6. Abomination

Abomination

I offered him more. But he refuses to sell unless it's cash, and in person.

~Jason

7. WTF really

WTF really

8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I guess he has his reasons or not , but that too bad when you really need it.Maybe he has been screwed over before.

9. Abomination

Abomination

I can maybe see him not wanting it to be tracked.

Lots of these old guys (he's like in his mid 70s) pay a SHITLOAD of taxes - their houses and cars are paid off, their kids are long gone, and there's not much they can deduct anymore. So the cars, bikes and parts they buy and sell (either to keep or flip), they keep ALL in cash. What the Man doesn't know about... you know?

So he could very well be these guys, trying to keep his fun money separated out.

But who knows?

~Jason

10. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Offer to send him cash, perhaps?

11. whateverit takes

whateverit takes
    from Florida

12. bigtumtum

bigtumtum