Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Canada

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Phil P, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi everyone, I've worked on various OT cars and trucks since my teens, I've had a few Jeeps but never really got into off road. I've moved to the city so this fall and I sold my 51 CJ3A. I've spent the fall and winter trying to come up with a new project. After lurking around here I've decided on a traditional model a coupe. The only thing I've bought so far is Vern Tardel's hot rod your model a. I'm hoping to get some info here on future purchases and hopefully starting a build tread. Thanks in advance Phil.

2. Welcome Phil!
    Odd that you've not had any responses to your intro., as you will find a wealth of info. on here AND the Fordbarn.
    for Model As. They are a great car to start with in the traditional realm; cars are still reasonably priced and the
    Repop market can supply you with most anything you desire.
    Good luck with your first build!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  3. Welcome from Illinois!
    I am Phil P also, hence my username pprather.

Phil

4. Welcome from Langley,B.C.

5. MOTOV8N

MOTOV8N
    from Manitoba

Welcome from Manitoba! My first name is Phill as well

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome Phil...my advice and you'll get lots of it is to start with the best base material you can find as rust repair is costly unless you do it yourself and then so it adds more time to a huge undertaking...

I may try to hit the Hazeldean Mall Cruise Tuesday...I heard its a good one perhaps you can get some inspiration on top of what you already have there.

7. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I live up the road in Bells Corners, I will try to check out the Hazeldean mall.

Stogy likes this.
  8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Welcome from B.C.