Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects How not to build a hotrod - My '33 Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Sparkle, Jan 6, 2018.

1. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

Hey Weps, did you do a build thread on the 29 Essex?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. brepil

brepil

3. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

I've been over 11 years on my '29 Essex, and counting. Maybe I should have more hammers, eh? Or maybe I should cut it all apart and start over again? Love what yer doin Johnny, and darned if you don't have serious metal skills!

4. rwrj

rwrj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from SW Ga

He needed a bigger hammer.

5. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

My ex came over last weekend and accidentally burnt some bacon. My house still smells a bit.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Smokehouse Air Freshener, you may be able to market that. I can see a strip of bacon replacing the Little Tree on the rear view mirror.

Bob

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  7. Awe fuck, she was step one of this whole saga right

8. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those aren't bike parts , those are a whole nother affliction called Shovelhead . Kool. [​IMG]

9. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoying your thread . Thanks .

Johnny Sparkle likes this.
  10. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Hey Johnny, love the thread!..is the "King chassis " that loves you in your tag line Grant King?

11. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Most ex girlfriends I have had were in fact trying to burn the house down. You are indeed a luck man if the bacon were a mere oversight on her part.

12. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Yep... The logic behind my car-building decisions isn't dramatically different than the logic behind my life decisions.

Nope, King Chassis is Brian Fox out of St. Louis. He does front engine dragster and fierce, yet gentle, cuddles.

I've tried to get my exes to pool together and get me a "World's greatest ex-boyfriend" t-shirt or mug, but it hasn't happened yet. The bacon was an isolated incident, she's an excellent cook and only a lackluster arsonist.

13. every time i see you post i think of this:

any relation?

14. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

That's the best video I have ever seen.

The Johnny Sparkle thing started as a throwaway Jimmy Shine joke. I was at Bonnevile in '07, the same year Shine was out there, and I told my buddies I was gonna say I was Shine's little brother so I could pick up chicks. The conversation quickly spun out of my control, but "Johnny Glitter" was indeed one of the suggestions thrown out there.

15. A grilled cheese sandwich made with this butter will change your life forever. I stumbled upon it about 2 years ago and haven't been in the garage since.
    image.jpeg

16. williebill

williebill

How can I do a triple like on Chucky's post?

One just isn't enough.

17. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Just like that!

loudbang likes this.
  18. indyjps

indyjps

Grill the inside of the bread, crunchy, flip it over, apply cheese (bacon if you prefer), stack, grill outside of the bread. This is for the day you really dont want to get anything done. Takes twice as long, then its really good so you make another and youre full. The day's kinda shot.

19. 34Larry

34Larry

Without a doubt the funniest damned posting ever. Of course it is impossible to read them all, but of the hundreds of posts I have read it is anyway. And wow, what a building talent. Really do enjoy this post a lot.

20. 34Larry

34Larry

Hey try a 22 year build where first I relocated the motor mounts five times to get the motor where I wanted it, blew up the Hemi right after getting it to run after 10 years in the corner, having professional builder tell me I'd never get the pedals in, trying to do my own body filling over and over and over and over and..........................................then wondering if I could ever wire it and many more issues. And now the 727 leaks because as my buddy says, "Why'd you cut off the neutral safety part of the casing Lar?" Well seems I needed more issues there Jimmy and seeing as how now I'll have to pull the engine and 727 to patch it so it doesn't leak, and besides it was hitt'in and riding the frame right there. I'm wondering what I can F up after that is done. JS your a funny guy.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

34Larry, good to know there is someone else on the HAMB were wiring doesn't come naturally. Bob

22. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude, one word; hippo

RodStRace and loudbang like this.
  23. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

Johnny Sparkle and loudbang like this.
  25. The37Kid

The37Kid

26. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I figured this thread was gonna stay dead once it got moved to the General Discussion forum. Bacon and Carl Sagan aren't really traditional, I suppose. Fair enough. I'm guessing this post will be back on page 73 in about 20 minutes. Haha.

Lately I'm just reading books and cruising my Studebaker around town. Not at the same time though, that would be somewhat irresponsible. Occasionally I work on the Harley project.

I bought some bacon yesterday. I'm gonna lock up the garage now and get cooking.

I'll post some coupe progress in the Fall.

27. scotts52

scotts52

Sir Francis

chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  28. and his wisdom fits this thread
    francisbacon1-2x.jpg