Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '32 Henry Steel Three Window Deuce Coupe Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by MR CLEAN, Nov 13, 2017.

1. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Thanks bowie for your feedback, Please see more pictures where the rims attach of the Non ’32 Headlights on the modified ’32 Headlight Bar. I am not familiar with Arrow Brand Headlights so any back ground history of these would be appreciated.
    MR CLEAN

Bottom Headlights.jpg
    Bottom Headlights 2.jpg

2. Andy

Andy

There should be a tag on the top of the lights. They are Guides or BLC's.
    I like the shorter ones (903's) as they have the same shape as the cowl lights.

dwollam likes this.
  3. adam401

adam401

That looks like a super nice body and I love a channeled 32 coupe. I'd chop the shit outta that roof. Good luck

kidcampbell71, JimSibley and MR CLEAN like this.
  4. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Mr Clean. Those lights are 50's dodge truck. I have had a several pairs. Some have an inset mount that makes them sit lower on the fender. Still made by guide, just different.
    They used those headlights on everything from a late 40's power wagons and military trucks to the late 50's 3 and 5 ton trucks. Some had the marker light on top, most don't.the power wagon had. A pot metal casting to hold it to the fender, the M37 has a steel bracket on the fender and the big trucks mounted the both on the sides of the grill and off the fenders on all sorts of different mounts.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Stogy likes this.
  5. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

6. SquintBoy

SquintBoy

20171126_100955-1.jpg
    Mr. Clean,

You know what they say about opinions......everybody has one. Apparently, this was mine in 1958. For you guys that notice this is a Y block, please excuse the s.p. wires comin' outta the valve covers. What did I know at 12 yrs old!?!

You do what you want. I haven't seen a real '32 3 window I didn't like!

Mark

sent from the red phone

7. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Thanks dumprat for your feedback, on the Guide Headlights that came off a 40's to 50’s Dodge Truck. I mocked up the Headlights and Original Deuce Grill and removed the 5.5 early Ford Cragar SS’s with 4x15 fronts with Goodyear Blue streak sports car specials and the rears are 8 x15 with Goodyear Blue streak stock cars tires for another future project. I had these ’35 Henry Wire 16 Inch Rims lying around the garage in mind for another project and threw them on the coupe to see what a difference changing rims would make. I currently plan to run as dumprat suggested tire sizes 6.00-16 Front and 7.00-16 Rear. Please let me know everyone’s opinion as this is an important decision for this Project and I appreciate all suggestions.
    Please PM me if you have an extra Original Hub Cab like pictured for sale or Original Deuce 3 Window Seat Pan for sale.
    MR CLEAN

Sunlight 1.jpg
    Best Side with Wires.jpg wires back side.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  8. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

keep it as is just LOWER IT it will be just fine its a 32 good luck with it do it your WAY its your CAR have fun :cool: :cool:

drylakespeedshop and MR CLEAN like this.
  9. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Always could do bobbed in the rear and cycle style up front.

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71, Stogy and MR CLEAN like this.
  10. The headlights are Guide 682-J's. If they don't have tags on the top, they are still Guide headlights, but were installed on vehicles other than those from General motors.

Stogy and MR CLEAN like this.
  11. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

“So many different ways to go on this build and I would really like to hear what everyone would do“..........If you keep asking this question, you are only going to hear what other people would do with YOUR car. Search the web, look at any magazines you find. Find as many pictures as you can and build YOUR car YOUR way and make it what YOU want......Mark

12. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

There is also the other option.
    Fix the basics, watch the local classifieds and swaps, see what falls into your lap. Let the car find its own way.

13. DAM! I love the photos of this hot rod....It will build into a great car...

Stogy, drylakespeedshop and MR CLEAN like this.
  14. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's about as perfect and blank a canvas as you could find. Great car and we'll be following the build.

IMHO, I like the look of full fenders on a deuce. But that's me.

MR CLEAN likes this.
  15. 38 Chevy

38 Chevy

Please don't chop the car, there aren't enough unchoped left.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

bathcollector, MR CLEAN and nunattax like this.
  16. But, Mr Clean has previously said that he's 6 feet tall.. A 3" channel and a chop negates comfort.
    I have enjoyed your model 40 build and I'm confident that you will do right by this car. I won't post my opinion, because its irrelevant. The only opinion that matters is yours. Start on the coupe and it will tell you where you want to go. If you can save the originality while repairing any rust issues or damage that may or may not be present, then make the decision as to paint. It will be a great car either way..

Stogy and MR CLEAN like this.
  17. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Unchopped.
    They have great proportions without taking a sawsall to 'em.
    I would never cut mine.
    20150925_142134.jpg 20151020_142157.jpg

18. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

X2,You are making lots of sense.there are enough of them butchered

willysguy, MR CLEAN and Andy like this.
  19. screwy36

screwy36
    from Topeka, Ks

My opinion is to leave it unchopped, not repainted, run the head lights it had and power it with anything other than a small chevy. Nice meeting you over the weekend! Good luck with the build!

spurgeonforge and MR CLEAN like this.
  20. titus

titus

get more, then you can build them in a few different build styles, these are my two 3 windows :)
    dhdh.jpg IMG_7768.jpg

rat bastad, 28rp, Hamtown Al and 11 others like this.
  21. kidcampbell71 and spurgeonforge like this.
  22. How about an up-date on how you are doing on it???

23. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Thanks 383deuce for your interest in my '32 build. Had a little incident recently on my Harley and another car driven by someone not familiar with driving laws. The good news is that I bounce very good on concrete and I can walk in a straight line again. So I have been following dumprat's advice to Fix the basics, watch the local classifieds and swaps, see what falls into my lap, letting the car find its own way. I have recently got a few Original Deuce Parts pictured below from H.A.M.B. members which I appreciate very much.
    MR CLEAN

Original '32 Ford Grill Bezel with Emblem, V8 Headlight Bar Emblem and Front Frame Spreader with Patina.
    Front Grill V8.jpg
    Original '32 Front Crossmember
    Front K Member.jpg
    Original '32 Rear Frame Horns
    Rear Horns.jpg

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and dumprat like this.
  24. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Very cool

MR CLEAN likes this.
  25. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Dude, you GOT TO PAINT IT !...if Henry Ford wanted them rusty he wouldn't have painted them in the first place!

26. I really like the parts ya have been rounding up.....Good to hear ya are recovering from rolling around on the concrete. I road bikes for many years & gave it up after a couple of these type of events. I even raced them (flat track, motor cross, scrambles) but due to the street dangers gave them up.

Stogy likes this.
  27. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best Side with Wires.jpg For my 2 cents, its almost perfect right there. Maybe just a tad lower but not much. Add a mild flathead, T5 and some brakes and just drive it. That way you can have a driver whilst you work out exactly what you want to do with it and get back to building your very detailed 5W. Win win. After the 5W is done you can come back to this and redo it if you wanted but by then you may like have a car that is near perfect and one that looks like this.

No matter what you do super stoked for you to score such a great example of your dream car to start with and thanks for allowing us to come along with your builds Mr Clean, love your work.

Stogy, MR CLEAN and drylakespeedshop like this.
  28. 6sally6

6sally6

street rod.jpg

Get it as close to this one as possible. We got enough "fully restored-full fendered-un chopped-un channeled-just like Henry made its"!
    THIS still stirs my 71 year old loins.
    6sally6

dumprat likes this.
  29. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

^ I wholeheartedly agree! We have enough parade cars. Build a hot rod out of it!

MR CLEAN likes this.
  30. Rick Phillips

Rick Phillips

So many options and opinions too, your a lucky man to find such a clean car. Funny part is I like them built all different ways, they are cool whatever way you build it cause you have one to build.
    It basically comes down to what you want to use it for and of course your climate and roads too.
    I’m 6’ tall so get that. Nice part is you can build it one way that you mostly like for now, use it then change it later to suit you. Either way it’s a beauty. My opinion on the build is leave it channeled, lower it, fenders and flathead. Excited to see where you go with it.

MR CLEAN likes this.