Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pines Winterfront Grille Badge 1932

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeLuxe 32, Mar 29, 2018.

1. I know not everyone has one hanging on the garage wall, or on the front of their Deuce, but I was just wondering if anyone has a 32 Pines Winterfront Badge that they could take a really good close up photo for me?

Thanks

34 GAZ and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Check with Corey Taulbert ( @CTaulbert ). I know he has access to one.

DeLuxe 32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. upload_2018-3-29_11-6-7.jpeg

upload_2018-3-29_11-6-51.jpeg

upload_2018-3-29_11-9-16.jpeg

Hope these help. HRP

4. Now there,s something to copy :rolleyes: as a decal/sticker. Slap it on a piece of tinplate and it,s done. Available at all Aussie swapmeets :oops::D:D after Easter. Absolutely no offence to DeLuxe 32 who just happens to be an Aussie like me.

kadillackid likes this.

5. Thanks Danny for the images.... Flatheadpete, I’ll touch base with Corey, thanks for the heads up.

Gaz....Shhhhh, it will probably be Christmas swap meets not Easter

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Turns out Cory's Father In Law sold his Tudor, so no good there for an image, Bumping it up for the day shift.

7. Bader2

Bader2

Lil32, kidcampbell71 and DeLuxe 32 like this.
  8. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

image.jpeg You can find the tags on other Pines front ends are the same badge as the 32.

Lil32 and DeLuxe 32 like this.
  9. Giving this a quick Bump.....can anyone confirm if the text and lines on the badges found on 32's are embossed??

About to go to production if anyone is interested in one - send me a PM

cadillacoffin likes this.
  10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Love to help you, I've had 2 deuce winter fronts but neither of mine had the original badge, just formed flat stainless covers mounted as stock. with a pin and spring. How's my old 2 door body coming along? How about some pictures of the current status.

11. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

if the pines insert came from ford it had no badge if you bought it from pines (aftermarket) it had the badge so I was informed ????

Lil32 likes this.
  12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

so, theres a market for repop badges. how about the market for legit old badges? I have one sitting on my dresser, but Im a long ways away from buying the grille

13. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I never really got into exploring these winter front grilles but now I see that the hole for the crank handle is covered over with a badge that is riveted to the grille. I would think that that was a backward step especially for a winter situation where you might have to crank the engine over by hand if your battery wasn't up to it.

14. I think the third picture from HRP would clear up that problem!:):rolleyes:

15. This is correct. Ford dealer installed versions did NOT have the Winterfront details on the crank hole cover.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Lil32 likes this.
  16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Missed that one but the others must be re-dos as today it might not be so much of a concern.

17. Just to update this thread, Jason Krzmarzick has made a vector file for me, starting from internet images. I managed to find an original badge and scanned that to tweak the vector. It's very close now and then I'll make a small batch. I'll also have the riveted piece that goes behind the badge available too.

Sent from my SM-A520F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kadillackid likes this.
  18. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Crazy that you posted this just seen a real nice one today at the scrapdrive for 40 bucks for the whole surround

19. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

so how much would you like for it John?

20. Any pics? Are you referring to the grille insert? These things go for thousands...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  21. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Ok I should have said it was for a model a ford but both the 32 and model a have the same badge. I believe it was new old stock too

22. Thought I would update this thread...since posting last I was able to source a couple of badges that were scanned and used to create the vector file. I have made a small run of the badges and they turned out great.

I posted another thread with information regarding this....thanks to those who helped with this project. IMG_20200605_072056_186.jpeg

23. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Here is one on EBAY $135 buy it now and the rusty frame comes with it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    continentaljohn likes this.
  24. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Very cool and beautiful thank you for making them

25. That badge is not correct for a 1932 Ford, which mine was made for. There are several different badges out there. Its all in the details........