Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2018 White Wall Rama updated info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OLDTINPUSHER, Jan 21, 2018.

?
  1. yes

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. maybe

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. i am sure Bob could paint a chevy coupe..........

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  2. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

This is a GREAT place. Everything you need is there. Check out the resorts package deals. My wife and i got the included meal deal and we just had to show up and sit down. The area is beautiful also and off the beaten path. Quiet at night. Well maybe not Friday night:confused::confused:. Please help spread the word

3. how was the resort? reviews don't look the best.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  4. Just a few miles West is point look out is Point Look out-

upload_2018-2-13_16-14-45.png upload_2018-2-13_16-20-26.png upload_2018-2-13_16-22-0.png

Attached Files:

Bowtie Coupe and tb33anda3rd like this.
  5. I have never stayed but we had our last meeting there breakfast was good. @Fedcospeed
    I can tell you Pete the owner and his family are very friendly people.

Photos of the main lodge-
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. A little off topic but a great piece of local history-

This 57 Ford ran the beach in 1957 and 1958 as well as a few other races a year out of Sokoll's Garage the Ford dealer in Windham in N.Y. about 15 miles west of Round Top N.Y.
    upload_2018-2-15_17-24-30.png

Age old story sat behind the dealer ship for years. Every time my dad asked it was not for sale, it got washed away in a flood and crushed in the 70's

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  7. I handed out flyers at yesterdays winter drag. People seemed very interested in The White Wall Rama-

[​IMG][​IMG]

I was asked "Do we have to wash them for your show?"
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

8. nice. is that a chevy coupe behind the three guys in the foreground?

9. I can't tell looks like a 33/34 Ford grill.

Real pixelated-
    upload_2018-3-2_12-47-20.png

10. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Friday night fun.......

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  11. car doctor

car doctor

My wife reserved some rooms for Friday and Saturday night at the lodge for us and some friends. Will be there unless it's calling for rain all weekend. It's too far a drive for us if the weather is bad. Really looking forward to it!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  12. Friday night fun starts like this...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

and hopefully doesn't end like this...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

That's great, we really appreciate you coming all that way!

13. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Got a room and No driving for us!!

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  14. Whitewalls, Hot Rods, and Lederhosen, sounds like the White Wall-Rama to me! IMG_0263.JPG IMG_0264.JPG IMG_0265.JPG

From my Hot Rod Magazine collection March 1961

15. Myself and @OLDTINPUSHER will be selling at the Spring Dust Off Swapmeet this Sunday.

Most of the others that help with the White Wall-Rama will be there too.

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Very cool, will definitely try to make it out

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

I know everyone had a great time last year, blackwall tired cars park on the far side again this year? Bob

DSCF7662.JPG

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. The plan.
    Traditional Hot Rods and Kustoms will back to the midpoint and work south
    Street rods will back to the midpoint and work north
    upload_2018-4-1_2-20-59.png

Note: I have gotten better with the sniping tool and leaned how to use paint.

bscc50 likes this.
  19. To give an idea where the show is in relation N.Y.S. Thru-Way North and South
    upload_2018-4-1_11-23-3.png

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Tell us about the swap meet, do vendors need a NYS tax number?

21. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

NYS never replied back to my inquiry, but I am stating that vendors must have tax information in their booth. In 20 years of vending, I've never been asked for the info at the show (by the tax man or show promoter) but occasionally need to provide it when mailing in a registration (ie Rhinebeck, etc.). I do keep my tax number in my wallet at all times (for vending, auctions, etc.) but again have never been asked to show it, just write down the number (and only when I have bought stuff, never when i have sold stuff). Occasional sellers (lawn sale, etc.) can use their SS number for Federal tax purposes.
    That's all the information I have.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

The reason I asked, the Brass Car Meet at Rhinebeck got shut down many years ago and later moved to New Hampshire over the tax deal. Bob

23. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

Think part of the reason was the event was at a COUNTY (local government) fairground. I was told event organizers did not request ID's from vendors when applications were mailed in. This is why I believe you need to now include tax ID number with you registration. Same with the truck show in Ballston Spa,NY (Saratoga county fairgrounds). In NYS all county owned fairgrounds require a tax ID number for vendors for ALL events, including flea markets and garage sales held on county property. They have to show they are making an effort to collect taxes on events held on their property or they could be challenged in court about collecting taxes on events not held on government property.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. Myself and @OLDTINPUSHER will be at EARLY FORD V8 CLUB in Fitchburg Mass. this weekend
    Space 11

25. Myself and Mark @OLDTINPUSHER spent Sunday selling parts and handing out flyers at the EARLY FORD V8 CLUB in Fitchburg Mass.

If you want the good stuff at your show, you have to go where the good stuff is!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

26. Quote from @OLDTINPUSHER in the Rhinebeck Swapmeet Thread "I will be there. Red field spots A 1 - 7 plus additionally I'll have an indoor display for the upcoming White Wall Rama in the building across from my spots. Complete with traditional hot rods and pin ups"

The Cars-

This one built in 1956, last painted 1959. Dan Henke's 40 standard
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Mark Germound's (SP?) Coupe
    [​IMG]

one of the pin-ups with @tb33anda3rd's Chevrolet coupe (also a real deal built in the 50's hot rod)
    [​IMG]

27. The White Wall-Rama display today at the Rhinebeck Swapmeet and car show.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  28. I channeled my inner P.T. Barnum at Rhinebeck, handed out flyers to car owners and vendors. Talked up the show. There is a good amount of interest. IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0655.JPG IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0668.JPG IMG_0671.JPG IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0659.JPG IMG_0635.JPG IMG_0644.JPG

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.