Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Do you have a car that is not for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Not for sale is a relative term I guess. Anything would be for sale if it was a choice between a car and my family but I have two that would require a dire circumstance for me to part with. One is an OT '62 Land Rover that was my Dad's and the other is the '37 Chevy pickup I am currently building because it is a project I started with my Dad before he passed away so there is a lot of his work in the truck that I would not want to part with.

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I wish I had a Knuck or a Pan all I have is a Shovel

els likes this.
  3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Jeff I remember a certain 34 Ford Roadster you sold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

els likes this.
  4. models916

models916

I think they called them shovel in the old days cuz' you brought a shovel with you to dig a hole for it when it broke down.

enloe and els like this.
  5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have put a Shitload of miles on mine since the summer of 1998 with one top end rebuild:)
    But I would still love to have a Pan because that's what Dad had when I was growing up.

I still have his 78 KZ1000 that he rode some when I was in middle school it has 6000 miles on it.

6. johndee138

johndee138
    from Atlanta GA

have wanted a 36 3 window for 40 years and when one finally came up about 4 years ago my wife sez "get it!"
    But you have to get rid of all yur other junk. I got rid of "most" of it.
    a fella a while back wanted it pretty bad and I told him to start stacking Benjamins and I'd tell him when to stop. Needless to say NO stack ever appeared. I'm always afraid to give a number and then have to honor it when they lay down the coin, although it seems it doesn't work in the opposite direction . Rolette at Trolley Barn Jul 4 2014.jpg
    as much

7. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

upload_2018-3-31_12-38-41.png Can't sell it. It was my mothers car. Brothers, kids, nephews all waiting for me to kick off.

8. indyjps

indyjps

OT, but 69 camaro, my first car. Currently doing frame off build.
    I can get on some HAMB related stuff when this is done.:)

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. 3 window Mike

3 window Mike

Got this 55 when I was 10 , I'm now 47 . My dad and I built it my senior year in high school. It' not for sale , ok it's only for sale if for some insane reason some fool would offer to buy it for like 3 times what it's worth. IMG_20160621_200440.jpg

10. trollst

trollst

Never, I'll die first. DSC05363.JPG

Boryca, Gammz, Dave Mc and 4 others like this.
  11. In a previous post I said I wouldn’t sell my F-100(ain’t gonna happen). But I’ll be more than happy to part with this [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jim snow likes this.
  12. chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  13. partssaloon

partssaloon

Bought this one new in Dec. 1963. 1964 Ranchero 260, 4 speed

Attached Files:

14. The power of pussy:
    Looks like a taco
    Smells like fish
    But its got the power of Kryptonite

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

I’m jelly!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. partssaloon

partssaloon

Right now it has 309,000 miles on it and I'll drive it anywhere. Rebuilt the motor at 99,000 miles.

Gammz and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep--wife's 55-have had it 41 yrs. In my album pics. Said I'd never sell my 57 Fuely either but after 39 yrs I did because if I checked out no one around here could keep it running. Would be an expensive garage ornament. Still miss it!! Considered selling my 40 a while back as I haven't driven it much in a while due to other pressing issues but kinda changed my mind on that.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Hamtown Al and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Yes. The '63 in my avatar is not for sale. I get asked often. As much as it may weigh me down or drown my karma (sorry for stealing your words, clunker), it's been a part of my life too long to ever consider selling it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. WOW........like a p15 convertible was not cool enough, you actually own a real Duesenberg? I never thought of those as being real, as in owned by real people. A couple of days ago i was in the presence of one at a small museum, it was breathtaking. I grew up in awe of muscle cars and corvettes, as i got older i branched out considerably, since i became aware (as a small child)of Deusenbergs (and others) Ive always thought of them as the pinnacle of automotive design/quality/ownership. You Sir have done well, in my humble opinion.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Hemi Joel, Thor1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. Dad bought this in '62, it was passed to me this past summer. I grew up playing in it. It's not as exiting as i always thought it would be, as others have said, it's not the car its self, it's the memories that matter, knowing Dad will never drive it again kinda takes away the edge. I've had others i said i would never sell, they're gone with no regrets. This one I plan to give to my grandson. img010 (Medium).jpg I'm the little guy with my arm on it "claiming it"!
    img002 (Medium).jpg

He might have to wait a few years!
    023.JPG with any luck it will make 100 years in the family.

21. in the weeds

in the weeds
    from Kansas

Other than the wife and kids it is all for sale and i dont need the money.I see it all as replaceable and some of it is very nice and i know some spend a long time trying to own thier dream car or they have had memories, but i figure if you had one ounce you can get another, except for my wife and children the rest is just stuff!!

Thor1 and jnaki like this.
  22. trollst

trollst

Well, it's not just stuff to me, when my 36 was first out of the shop and done, I was offered forty grand for it, written on the back of a business card. I stared at that card hard, my wife said "it's your truck", but my buddy said......it's only money, you can always get money, but you'll never get that truck back. Twenty years later, it was the best advice I ever got, the truck is part of me, I turned every nut and bolt in it, drove every mile on it, and will till I die.

Center of the Galaxie likes this.
  23. safetythird

safetythird

I'm mid-resto on a '61 Chrysler Newport.

It was my dad's first car-he bought it in '65. He drove it right up until around 1985. I came home from the hospital in it as a baby.

We restored in back in '96, and I drove it through high school.

Life got in the way, and now I'm fixing the old girl back up again.

So no, it's not.

24. wutnxt

wutnxt

CA7E4618-53D2-4285-AB9F-7A630830AEDC.jpeg Yes, I have a’46 Ford pickup that I built Circa ‘91-‘92. Junkyard 302/c4, 8” rear, Fatman MII. I put an Optima battery in it Mid ‘90s, it’s never had a charger or jumper cables attached and never has failed to start. My son and his bride drove off into the sunset on their wedding day and he has laid claim to it when I’m gone. My ‘40 coupe in my avatar is also pretty high on the keeper list also.

25. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

My Plymouth will never be for sale as long as I'm still alive & kickin'. After I'm gone, well then my family can decide what to do with it. Although my 13 year old grandson has already asked if he could have it after I die!! He's not showing many signs of being a "Hotrodder" yet, but maybe if I get him behind the wheel and let him take her for a spin, he'll understand. Anyway, this Plymouth is a sister to the first car I had as a teenager. And that car was originally purchased new by my grandfather. So this Plymouth brings back a plethora of memories from long ago. Memories that are not for sale!!:D:D:D Post Ocean City May 2015 001.JPG

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  26. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

27. Latigo

Latigo

I'll never sell it. 1936 Plymouth bought with my Dad in 1963 from the original owner in my home town. Has some history with me. Many others have come and gone. Some I regret selling, some I don't. One of my son's will inherit it. He'll probably sell in a heartbeat but I won't be around to know. So be it.

28. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Well I bought in in 70 from the originsl owner. drove it as it was for seven years. Put it in storage till 2004. Worked her over a bit, and have been driving it in its current condition since 2006, so guess its not for sale. I guess I will need to designate a curator for it after I am gone.

29. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

4E52F480-DB7F-42D6-9CDD-24BC4C486E4C.jpeg
    Had this one since I was 16. Never want to sell it. It was my first car, went on a first date with my wife and my dad drove my wife to the church for our wedding in this truck. It’s powered by a blown 302 GMC 6. The last time it was driven was 13 years ago...when my dad took my wife to the church. It’s not a “family” vehicle but one day, I won’t need a back seat.

Dave Mc likes this.
  30. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7D826E79-66F4-4E97-A0AA-D45CEA56FCD9.jpeg E8E75E90-7AEA-4131-8385-5F356C3D76E5.jpeg Yup....a sedan and a pan.