Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bubbas Spam A Rama-----Goodguys Indy Friday night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Jun 2, 2015.

1. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

2. good to see ya postin'.....y'allsa have fun.....

3. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

glad to see the Pumkin Holler Boys returning! Wish I could be there, mmmmm Spam!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

We do 100 cans of Spam...........quite a event..........

5. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Aren't we supposed to report spam? Lol . Have fun Bubba.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

way to step up Jim, see you Friday

7. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Always a bunch of fun. We attended Bubba's get together a bunch of year's. There's always a good turn out. Sadly, we have been attending the Indy event since the location changed.

8. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sam, don't you mean "Sadly, we have NOT been attending the Indy event since the location changed" While I only live 30 miles from the event, I have given up on the Goodguys show, but will definitely be a Bubba's for the Spam.

9. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Correct Walt, it was a typo. Some really good memories from Bubba's and the other garage crawls there. Hope you guys have a safe trip to Bowling Green.

10. Damn! Now I'm hungry!:D

11. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Evidently, you are not a Viet Nam vet...

bobkatrods and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. ...............................No, but it was close.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  13. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Back in the day, we would make the 350 mile trip to Indy on Thursday. Thursday night we were hosted by God Speed rod shop in Brownsburg, In.. Friday night it was Bubba's(a bunch of the Road Rockets helped out there and a gal by the handle of "run-around-Sue" fried the spam. I think she drove a gold 55 chev. gasser. On Saturday night we went to Culverson's to eat and kick tires. Culverson's brought a flathead powered FED to some of the first HAMB Drags. One year at Culverson's we saw a guy in a bullet nose stude gasser take a wild ride. I apologize if any of the names are spelled wrong but it garage crawls were really a great addition to a great event. Great memories with good friends. Sadly as we all age and the events morph-we probably won't be able to re-live some of this.

14. Well...... 2015 "SPAM-A-RAMA" is in the books...
    Thanks to Jim Linder and his crew from Bubba's Ignition Service and Bourbon and Barbeque, both on Main Street, Speedway (Down the street from IMS and across from Sara Fishers Racing shop) for sponsoring this years event. They have this event each year the Friday of the Goodguy's Car Show in Indianapolis..
    The Weather held out and the crowd was ready for some BBQ'd SPAM , Stuffed Jalapeños, Slaw and Baked Beans along with Pear Salsa and chips..
    We started eating about 6PM and the crowd was ready.... B&B had staff helping keeping the food table full and there sure was enough to go around, they manned the BBQ pit to do the peppers and Spam.....
    [​IMG]

What is so kool about this event, is every year we get a few new faces (and cars) show up. While they were are the show, they would ask around "what can we do tonight? Anything going on??".. most every told them to do the "Spam-A-Rama"... It was started years ago by Jim to have something to do on one of the Nights of the Goodguy's show events. There are also events going on Thursday and Sat too, (But not as good as this one :) )

While we stuffed EXTREEMLY HOT Stuffed peppers and Spam down, the Punkin Holler Boy's set up to entertain us. by 7PM they was a "Picking and Grinnin" away. They sure do know how to liven up a crowd. They have been coming to this event for a few years now, it's on of Bubba's crew' favs....Just like the car show, there is a good mix of cars showing up.
    [​IMG]
    We take up the better 1/3 of Main Street smile emoticon it's just a nice causal night, with old friends, new friends, food and drink and of course SPAM!!!! B&B also supplied a band from there restaurant (By the way, you have to try their Catfish, I heard several people say last night, "It was they best they had" and that's no Bull (or Spam?) LOL....
    As a added treat (to me) they had a cake to help me celebrate my Retirement...which was yesterday..
    (Thanks Jim...Wa Ho)
    [​IMG]

Well enough rambling...
    Enjoy the pictures.. .BUT don't use them anywhere,,
    There Copyrighted....
    https://picasaweb.google.com/105421993671397259537/SpamARama652015

Bill j,

AKA: "TIEROD".....

15. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Close? Thats Horshoes right?

16. Thanks for sharing the pics! Nice mix of cars. :cool: I was in Indy today but couldn't make it down Friday. One of these years I'll get down there in time to git me a Spammidge of my own! ;)

17. Kinky6

Kinky6

Funny, tried to join the Navy @ 17 y.o. in '72, figured the Viet Cong didn't have submarines - the recruiter wouldn't take me due to a back injury from a couple of years before.

Maybe its just as well, I didn't find out about the "brown water" Navy till a few years after, yikes! By the time Nixon's lottery came out, I had such a high number it didn't matter.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Kan Kustom and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I don't go to The Good Guys show anymore but I still do drive 200 miles to attend the Spam A Rama event it's a tradition I don't want to give up. Thanks Jim and company for having us all again it was a good time as always. Here are a few crappy phone pics I managed to take in between the Woodford and great food. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. 504640

Spamarama, 2018?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Yep , but dont have a date yet.....

21. 504640

Thanks Jim! I'm hoping for Fri. June 7, the day before CCR. I am putting a mostly stock 51 merc
    (Isky 77) in to my 46 mild custom. I'll use the merc manifold and a Rochester 2g. I expect I will have to have you build a mechanical advance unit. Do you have a core exchange program?

22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I hope you have another,I need to get away from the house.

23. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

THAT'S GREAT NEWS - had a bunch of fun at the Spam-a-rama.