Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dropped Axles and Scrub Line

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earlymopar, Mar 29, 2018.

1. earlymopar

earlymopar

Just curious how many of you with modified dropped axles (extra drop added) have ever glanced at your scrub line? I've been making several changes to my pickup lately that had me underneath quite a bit and I noticed my scrub line is not great (bottom of the axle is slightly below the wheel). My pickup has 3" of additional drop to the OEM axle. I'm not overly worried and could go to a larger diameter wheel to get around this but was just curious how many others with this axle style have checked their scrub line after lowering their car or truck.

- EM

DdoubleD likes this.
  2. cracker head

cracker head

32 Roadster we’re screwing together has a horrible s rub line. It’s fucked. Chassis was previously under my 5W. Drove the fuck out of it. Like from Texas to Cali and back, also several other long road trips and around town. It’s a hotrod, something will always be fucked up. Hahaha

3. My 57 has axle below rim height by about an inch. Flat tire thickness should keep me barely off the axle. Close indeed but not overly worried yet.
    This thread is just getting started so maybe I’ll worry after some horror stories get posted....

4. Watch the roads in summer heat , friend of mine was going home from Columbus Oh . show and the road buckled up ahead of him . His dropped axle caught the concrete edge and tore the front suspension off . He slid down the road to a stop . Only $4000 big ones and that was twenty years ago.

5. earlymopar

earlymopar

Wow. That's a "buckle" Kind of sounds like a good scrub line wouldn't have helped that at least if the buckle wasn't wide enough to allow the tires to ride up and over it.
    - EM

6. earlymopar

earlymopar

Love your truck criminal.
    - EM

crminal likes this.